Boy's Abyss - Vol. 13 Ch. 128 - Where Gen Minegishi Waits

Dex-chan lover
One thing I give props to this manga is how it treats their characters sexuality. Gen is in love with Reiji and not once did I hear anything about making fun of his sexuality or use it as a "tool". Instead carefully blend with the same as other characters in how they are all morally grey. It's actually amazing.

I also didn't know the mangaka is a woman too.

Dex-chan lover
The cliffhanger at the end feels very silly, like, there's just absolutely no way that Reiji's gonna stab Gen to death here, and using that as a cliffhanger feels super unconvincing. I heavily doubt that Yuko's dead, but I presume Gen's otherwise telling the truth, and I really hope Gen doesn't just die soon (for any reason) cuz I wanna see where Gen's character goes if Gen survives.

Dex-chan lover
I'm really glad I stuck with this manga, it has remained really interesting. The character development is something I wish a lot of other mangakas would take as seriously, even if it's not always entirely consistent, it still makes it compelling to want to continue reading.

Dex-chan lover
Let's be honest here, no one actually buys that he killed Yuko off-screen, right? If the author was gonna do that, I'd assume they'd go full
School Days
on us.
Yeah Yuko's actual death would be a whole gore horror show knowing this author.

They would totally not miss the chance to show her slowly dying in a horrible and depresing manner.

Dex-chan lover
First, it was he was in love with Reiji then it was really in love with his mum because Reiji looked like her then it was he hated both of them, then it was he wanted to be Yuko, and now we're back to him being in love with Reiji. We went in a complete circle the only real thing being gained was a feeling of wasted time and needless mind-fuckery. Don't get me wrong, there isn't anything substantially wrong with him being gay but if it was always intended for us to settle on that fact then why did we have to waste so much time (on Gen's flashbacks, etc.) playing around with the idea that he was never truly in love with Reiji but Yuko just to then shoot that plot horse dead with the empty reveal that he really wanted to be her, to then immediately trash that to go back to the original point of just being in love with him.

Also, if you take everything we have on Gen into consideration, this man is the least affected by the town, 80% of his crap and issues come from his own shit.

Users who are viewing this thread