Boy's Abyss - Vol. 13 Ch. 129 - I’ll Wait for You Forever

Dex-chan lover
Reiji is a saint for still thinking that Gen is his best friend after all he put him through after he starts beating him up.
Also this won't end well, I bet Reiji's mom will come out of the closet next chapter and either stab Gen or try to stab Reiji to stop him from leaving again, but Gen will shield him and get stabbed instead.

Has anyone else noticed the 'town' is a nicer place than maybe 95% of the world? It's a city with solid schools (plural), minimal street crime, great shopping and commuting options, employment for anyone who wants it... and far from being a tiny den of inescapable gossip, it's so big that locals with scandals can walk around unnoticed for months at a time?
hahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahah the last part is killer

Dex-chan lover
Why the heck is everyone saying he means nagi? My bets on chako. She can be a fish too :( They all can be

Dex-chan lover
lfhgp2rys44a1.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
I don't think it's "finally some hope" or anything like that. The author has been building up to this for a while. As much as everything keeps crumbling around Reiji, and he pretty much had more than half the people in his life willing to commit a lover's suicide with him, he's never once actually come close to making that decision. He could've laid on the ground with Nagi to slowly bleed out. Nobody was around for miles probably, yet he makes the decision to save her, whether or not he understood what he was doing. He was depressed all the while, but for how close he was to the bridge at all times, he never made the plunge. All he needed to do to realize what he really wanted was an eventual epiphany from an outside source.

Reiji finally understands now why anything in his life was happening the way it was. He sees his mother pulling everybody into the abyss, and after finally being able to look at this from a far off perspective, he makes the decision to pull everybody out of the abyss instead as the only person uniquely positioned to be able to do it. It only took the outsider perspectives of the writer and Nagi for him to realize just how brainwashed and manipulated everybody around him was.

I think psychologically, it's just a really fucking well written piece. I think there are presences in real life where you don't really realize they're incredibly bad influence on themselves and the people around them. It takes somebody from the outside to kinda break your reality and see things for what they actually are, then the healing can eventually begin. This is probably the slow and painful healing process to breaking the town away from his mother's influence.

This is kinda wholesome when seen in reference to everything else. It might just be just nice standalone.

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure he references to Nagi. There was also the fish symbolizing that.
Also Reiji's mom is really fighting hard with Seiko from Blood Tracks over the mom of the year price.

I know Rei loves Nagi but he's just leading Chako and Gen at this point. He says he loves someone else yet says shit about waiting, protecting these two. I understand if he said about wanting his friend to get but saying you'll wait for them? I say just leave Nagi and have a 3way marriage of Gen, Chako, and Rei
what if four way marriage 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread