Brainrot Girlfriend - Ch. 7 - Brainrot interview

Dex-chan lover
"english or spanish" -- Reference to a video where a guy asked this question to random people, and then depending on their answer followed up with "if you move, you're gay" in the respective language. Later on that video turned into a meme where you just say "english or spanish" and the second part is implied.

Words used in the brainrot part:

Baby Gronk -- a child american footbal player popular on tiktok
Andrew Tate -- popular internet figure, known for his extreme beliefs
munting -- a kind of necrophilic act, google it if you're brave enough
goon cave -- room specifically designated for masturbation
Colleen Ballinger -- conent creator that had some controversy not too long ago
smurf -- an experienced player in an online game that joins lobbies full of new players for the purpose of getting an easy win
shmlawg -- someone you caught in a devious act
Carti -- Playboi Carti, a rapper

So it could be interperted as: "Baby Gronk and Andrew Tate are munting Colleen Ballinger in a room, and Playboi Carti caught them in the act."

Yes, it doesn't make sense to me either in the context of this chapter. And I thought I'm "hip with the kids" and still know Gen Z slang... :c
Oh so the joke is that the interviewer knew how to say "if you move, you're gay" in brainrot lingo and she stayed still so long to prove she's not gay that civilization crumbled and nature returned only leaving the microphone and her statuesque body as proof that she loves her boyfriend

Dex-chan lover
I only know the joke about her not knowing what a goon cave is because she has a boyfriend

A goon cave is just a gamer room, in which someone plays mostly erotic games to goon, i.e. to "straight up "jorking it". and by "it", haha, well. let's just say. My peanits"

And since she didn't knew most of it, she ended feeling ancient, hence now she looks like she was left behind by time
I stumbled upon pictures of some of the most dedicated goon caves out there and sheesh, that is a lot of smut to keep track of.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for translating the brainrot linggo🙏🙏🙏🙏

Dex-chan lover
Last panel got me confused for real. Interview and then suddenly a jungle??? Nani??!

Fed-Kun's army
Oh so the joke is that the interviewer knew how to say "if you move, you're gay" in brainrot lingo and she stayed still so long to prove she's not gay that civilization crumbled and nature returned only leaving the microphone and her statuesque body as proof that she loves her boyfriend
Ohhh, this makes a lot of sense actually.

Dex-chan lover
But the idea is basically that she got told "english or spanish" in brainrot lingo and froze up for eternity, not wanting to be labeled gay(kudos to GranEschaton here).
Ohhh, this makes a lot of sense actually.

It does make sense. I wish that explanation were true, but it doesn't work.

This series reads left to right. Which means BGF did respond to the interviewer's "English or Spanish?" question.

She said, "brain rot lingo," and struck a smug pose.

It was only after the rotmaxxed "Baby Gronk...Carti?" question that BGF froze up.

I think she just got outrotted.

Dex-chan lover
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!
Anyone got any literal translation of the text?
Nah I'm good somebody already explained it... Dang I understand none of the things they referenced

Fed-Kun's army
It does make sense. I wish that explanation were true, but it doesn't work.

This series reads left to right. Which means BGF did respond to the interviewer's "English or Spanish?" question.

She said, "brain rot lingo," and struck a smug pose.

It was only after the rotmaxxed "Baby Gronk...Carti?" question that BGF froze up.

I think she just got outrotted.
Ye, I interperted it this way knowing that it's left to right. Basically:
  • guy asks "english or spanish"?
  • girl replies "neither, branrot lingo"!
  • guy does the same "you move = you gay" joke, but in brainrot lingo
  • girl is cornered now and has to freeze
But it is just how I see it. It could be that she just got outrotted.

Also I love how the whole community has to come together just to decipher wtf the chapter is about. xD

Dex-chan lover
Ye, I interperted it this way knowing that it's left to right. Basically:
  • guy asks "english or spanish"?
  • girl replies "neither, branrot lingo"!
  • guy does the same "you move = you gay" joke, but in brainrot lingo
  • girl is cornered now and has to freeze
But it is just how I see it. It could be that she just got outrotted.

Also I love how the whole community has to come together just to decipher wtf the chapter is about. xD
Okay, I get it. Except I still don't understand the joke. A rot too far...

Users who are viewing this thread