Brother for Rent

Not gonna lie
I actually cried when kanami got trampled on by those boxes. I couldn’t stand the way she was treated by her brother. I really wanted her to just leave with Makoto. In the end, its good Kanami was okay and was able to make up with her brother. I won’t forgive her brother, but since the guy is going to go through therapy and try to change himself, also seeing his past and how he somewhat wanted to protect kanami from knowing the truth about their parents, I decided that maybe he does deserve a second chance. I still hate him for what he did though. If we see this realistically, and in the case where Kanami didn’t meet Makoto & co. She could’ve fallen into depression and worse could have committed suicide.(At her age, going into a mental breakdown and losing a sense of direction isn’t hard.) Even if she didn’t break to that point, she would still be left with a Trauma that will haunt her for the rest of her life. So I’m really glad she met Makoto & co. In the end.

So was that the end? MD has it completed and so do other sites but there's only 19 chapters rather than the 20 they listed

Group Leader
@buurito the Completed tag means that the Japanese publication has finished - the scanlators are still working on it.

I looked at the author’s pixiv for the untranslated version. I translated the last page and it says there will be a last chapter releasing Dec. 21st ?

wtf she just forgives her brother after YEARS OF ABUSE?? her rental brother needs to get her out of there. he might abuse her again if he gets mad in the future😭😭

Wow the last 5 chapters really hits you fast and hard, the pacing is a bit complicated but I'm glad it ended well, 10/10 would cry again.

Group Leader
Such a relief this manga wasn't made by Kawady Max or Shiruka Bakaudon.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, as someone said before, nice message, but the story itself is a bit loose

Manga ended, thanks to the author for the story, and thanks to the TL team for the quality work !

The story is really good it and you can easily get into it, but the pacing is (as others said) a bit shaky ; I was surprised to see the last chapter come up as I thought it would be a bit longer. It’s still a really good read, but the ending comes a bit too fast IMO.

I’d say a 9/10, just because of the ending coming too quickly, but except that it’s a really nice read, don’t hesitate and go ahead !

Users who are viewing this thread