Burning Effect

Group Leader
Trying to figure that out myself.
Been waiting for it to get through the upload queue for a while since I haven't uploaded any chapters in the past.

/shrug

Group Leader
@kekyoin

I mean, the chapters are still out there. On other aggs, and on Jaimini's site.

I considered going back and redoing 1-60, but that seems counter productive compared to just making sure to get more chapters out.
Especially since it would literally only benefit this site.

Burner and Great are twins

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@BlazeTheBlob no, just what it feels like it's boiling up to. What I mean is there are certain similarities between Great and Burner that are obviously identical

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@ParanoiaAgent

You have insanely powerful people enforcing said law. You have a family that can
literally force anyone in the city bow to them.

While yes, an outlandish and almost childish plot, that's the basis of many great stories.

Beowulf slays a dragon. I can think of fewer childish things than the thought of going on some epic quest to slay a dragon. Dragons don't exist. It's still a classic.

where can i read the before chap the releas like 6 and them long time without any and now is on the 60-90

@ParanoiaAgent

Haven't started reading yet, but I might assume that such an exaggerated scenario might be meant to reflect the way that people who are oppressed by their governments feel rather than to realistically portray an oppressive government. Like even if your government isn't giving out the death penalty for every crime, the fear and dread that permeate through your life might be so severe that you feel they might as well be. Or if you're in a situation where state authorities can inflict lethal violence against you at a moment's notice for no reason at all without facing any repercussions (see: any country that has done a genocide), that's pretty much the death penalty for any perceived crime (and sometimes the crime is just existing).

Exaggerating some aspect of something that you're trying to make a point about is actually a pretty common narrative tactic. It forces people to see the parallels between reality and what should be an unrealistic situation but ultimately might be hitting uncomfortably close to home.

But also since I haven't read this at all, I might be entirely wrong about everything.

Users who are viewing this thread