By Spring - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - I'd like a kiss

Dex-chan lover
Should have just denied everything till the end and explained it was a "misunderstanding". Problem solved, next.

Supporter
I've just binged all the chapters to be cucked by this chapter. Thanks so much I've loved it so far

Oh my God why

This is pain why do I read this every week it's so great but it's pure suffering some times

Hmm isnt prostitution legal in japan ? Am i missing something ? Why are they soo butt hurt over mc

You just can't hate the audacity of this manga to look upon real issues from real life instead of going with the ussual "oh well, anyway"

MD@Home
for the people saying it's his fault...

even if a friend lies to you, you don't immediately throw their whole life under the bus. that's the real scumbag move. you AT THE VERY LEAST ask them why the fuck they did it, and even if you don't like the answer you still don't throw their whole life under the bus.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, Yuri feels out of character here just a bit...

I understand she's clearly jealous that MC chose to hang out with Haru over her, but I think she definitely wouldn't be the type to admit she spread rumors behind his back and have a cold, calculating response to him about how he shouldn't come back to school. I'd imagine she would go and try to scheme into having Haru be removed and to have them bully MC harder and more violently so he'd fall back to her as his only pillar of support. She's not the kind that is outwardly or intentionally malignant to him, but instead tries to justify her actions by saying that she knows best for him and that it's all for the greater good. (Which, in her mind, would not only be protecting him from potential abuse, but to allow herself to get what she wants, which she thinks is inherently just.)

Yuri definitely would be a lover scorned, don't get me wrong, and she would definitely feel hurt, and then would frame herself as the victim, but I don't think she would outright try to harm Miura when she thinks she can probably still have him as her own. Remember that the reason she wants Miura is because everyone's told her she can't have him because of his lower social standing, and I got the sense she really pitied him in sense. It's strange...

Hopefully we get a chapter from her prospective?

That’s such a b move, mob tactics are really fucking low. What if he is hiring a prostitute? It’s none of her business anyway, she’s acting like he murdered someone

This is painful to read.
I don't mind the drama, I don't mind that he's poor or that he has nothing going for him.
But seriously, can these male protagonists have some balls ?

You're already doomed, just tell them to Fuck off! Break a chair, do something.

(Yes I've read the whole thing, I know he's weak and has probably mental health issues. I guess this is just a rant for the media in general).

@jackmiaw Prostitution is illegal in Japan. Sure they have red light districts in Shinjuku, but they are actually reduced to weird services in which peepee in cunny penetration is prohibited. PIV Sexual interchange is prohibited and actually stigmatized. But if prostitution is mostly prohibited there, customers get the worst part of that law and are actually punished by law and ostracized by society. Prostitutes have it easier bc japanese government have some rehabilitation programs for them.

Souta's calvary actually makes sense bc the anti prostitution law from 1956 punishes customers in a harsher way than prostitutes. And japanese people are too stuck up to the rules and laws. Fumi's activities are also causality for badmouthing bc she's in "peepee in cunny" sexual interchanges. Once her boss from Snack Akemi (Keiko Mama i think she was her nickname) discovers Fumi's outlaw'd activities, it's more than obvious she'll fire her, and make sure other snack bars and karaoke clubs blacklist her from applying to a job.

@Lugdu MC just lacks a proper father figure, and his mother didn't teach him to tough himself up and endure the hardships of poor and stigmatized people, but overprotected him and controlled his actions and thoughts instead. Good thing he's just 14 years old and still has room for growing a spine. And he already took a step forward with his decision to stop buying the FMC and just try to hang out. He just needs people who can guide him properly and teach him the things his mom never taught.

@Tamerlane it's actually in-character. Remember how she threw a tantrum bc he was defending the bridge girl, told some classmates and bullies that the rumours were "true", adding that "there was a kid from the school who is buying her" and gave him the cold shoulder for weeks until chapter 12. Japanese readers actually saw this outcome coming since the beginning. Thing with Yuri is that, she doesn't love him, but only sees him as a puppet that can boost her ego. Her obsesssion with having Souta under her feet actually screams Menhera attitudes instead of a typical yandere girl.

Dex-chan lover
@TheGoldenExperience She can't prove anything even if she did take photos. He gave some girl chump change to supposedly do nothing illegal. She would need the freaking NSA to even prove that this chump change was used for a service. Then again "tell me your name for 40cents" would sound beyond ridiculous. If this was even slightly realistic they would have taken Yuri for a crazy girl, which she is actually.

Dex-chan lover
@WhisCalifa69 I'd still argue that it's more about her going behind Souta's back and using her influence in the school to secure him for herself. I'm not saying she wouldn't sell out Haru, but based on what we've seen with Yuri so far, I don't think she's the cold-shoulder type as much as a person too egocentric for their own good.

I definitely don't think she would directly harm or confront Souta as she has done here, nor would she ever admit to doing something like spreading rumors, even if it was a half-truth. Instead, I always got the impression she would weasel her way behind his back and seduce him through cutting him off from everyone else in the school, not realizing how she's hurting him in the process.

She was always more of the type that was intentionally ignorant of the harm she would cause others than outwardly and intentionally vindictive.

WTF!... This b*tch just can't accept the fact that he left her during the date to be with the one he actually likes...so this cunning,two-faced manipulative girl execute her revenge by turning the whole class against him...
I so want to slap this b*tch!!!...

@kdramalover28 the whole class, no, the whole school, except his home teacher, was already against him bc of him being poor, as seen on previous chapters. Yuri only gave him protection against bullies, but now that said protection suddenly finished bc of Souta's """betrayal""", she actually gave bullies free reign. Add to his poverty stigmatization, the newest stigma as a customer.

If he was ostracized from being poor, then now he's gonna be endlessly chased for being a "customer". As i said some posts below, "peepee in cunny" prostitution is actually punished by the 1956 anti-prostitution law, but customers get the worst part of said law. And bc japanese people are full of stigmas, prejudices and stick to the laws like mindless sheeps who suck their shepherd's pp, they ostracize, isolate and "kill in life" outlawed people. As of now, Souta is an outlawer on Yuri and schoolmate's eyes, and Haru is a public danger to the society for Yuri, and a walking sex doll for Hidaka Sanchuu boys (yeah, yeah, i know i'm being rude, but i'm putting into everyone's thoughts. I know Haru is another pure cinnamon roll with personal issues). And this manga puts an emphasis on the police presence in te town's life. Maybe the scandal will reach the law enforcement cogs' ears and Souta will unfairly suffer consequences for being blamed. Same for Haru.

Users who are viewing this thread