By Spring - Vol. 3 Ch. 22 - Actually...

@Whiscalifa69 which series is cam also didn't 5toubon end before the pandemic

They are definitely dating now I'm expecting a short epilogue on what happened to the character. Most curious how the moms epilogue will be I'm assuming she finds a good man that she marries.

@Starbright CSM: Chainsaw Man. Even Fujimoto talked about the change in the workflow when the pandemics started to become more dangerous in Japan. He had like 2 assistants before the uprise in cases in Japan (he still works with them, but they aren't helping as much, as Fujimoto himself took the most heavy work).

Iirc, the rona 1st wave started to affect Japan right after the outbreak in China bc of the huge chinese tourists inflow in Japan since january. Now that i remember, 5toubun author had to rush the end bc he was left without assistants and the art quality took a nosedive in the last chapters.

Souta will most likely flashback his way in the 1st pages, don't expect something too passionate or raunchy for the main epilogue tho, possibly some cutesy and wholesome shit, but nothing else.

And sadly, expect Fumi in prison, because what she did is actually a crime (unlawful arrest and confinement + violation of the child abuse prevention act) and Haru was having zero qualms into ratting her out to the police. The Yuri thing might be shortly addressed.

Dex-chan lover
@tenrx
i sure hope it was axed because otherwise this is a super rushed ending
the author switches the tone multiple times in a page and its the weirdest thing to read

Dex-chan lover
Wow, this really was complete and total shit. There was literally zero reason that Haru was like this other than she was being a whiny child to her stepfather. He gave me money, HOW FUCKING DARE HE?!?! We saw that he still was concerned for what she did and how she was. He wanted to be a part of her life. HOW FUCKING DARE THE STEPFATHER DO THAT?!?!

@comeonnow0 rereading the whole shit, i finally understood she's like this bc she thinks her stepdaddy is an absolute homewrecker (in the sense he destroyed whatever thing it can be considered as family cohesion). The little shit the authors gave about her past tell in readers' face she had a healthy relationship with her family (especially with her rip biodad), but her biodad died and then her mom stopped caring about the mother-son relationship the instant she remarried and became a mediocre housewife, delivering a huge blow to the dynamics she had before.
Haru's just bratty (and a teenager brat, the worst age for somebody to have sudden family changes) bc her stepdaddy doesn't understand emotional shit can't be solved "flipping a wad of cash", and telling people to "behave yourself". And with her mom taking the stepfather's side, what would you do? Lower your head and accept the new family dynamics? If you ask me, i don't.

Just as something trivial: I had a cousin that went the dark side and an elementary school acquaintance that" was abou to" after experiencing strong family disruptions. One of them suffered the worst part from a divorce, his grades lowered and became a troublemaker at school 'till the moment he was kicked out from thete. Some months later, he ended as a crackthief, his stepdaddy kicked him out and disowned him and 2 years after, he ended up hanging himself, he had nobody else to talk his problems, his mom and STEPDADDY didn't care shit about him and people in the school didn't take him seriously bc he was from a poor narco slum. The other lost her mom and the dad was an absent bastard, but luckily pulled herself together bc she had people she could talk her problems.

It's not a position i can relate too much bc i didn't have said turnoils (just an alcoholic dad, but he pulled himself together almost instantly), my 2 parents are alive and together. But i can understand why children and teenagers who suffer sudden family dynamic shifts become insufferable shitheads.

In the end, the only shit internally broken people with uncaring family members want is somebody they can talk out their problems and relate to. Just think what would happened if Souta didn't appear in Haru's life.
Just as a reminder: the 1st reaction she had at seeing his 24 yen was "This is the 1st time i ever laughed like this in a way long time. Oh shit, my stomach!" (or something like that).

I hope this is the 1st, and last bigass textwall with testimonial shit i write here.

Dex-chan lover
@WhisCalifa69 The problem with your analysis is that it's basically ENTIRELY from Haru's point of view. Yeah, of course you would think that the stepfather is horrible and that the mother became horrible after remarrying if you look only at what Haru says and thinks.

You should look in addition to Haru's point of view. We do see the mother trying to have a family bond with the stepfather. We do see the mother telling Haru to try to get along with him. We do see the stepfather being somewhat distant but not horrible. We do see the stepfather having concern for Haru's well-being.

Put that together along with Haru's point of view. That's what I'm saying. That's why I think what you said is wrong.

Double-page supporter
"After ten years of suffering, ten years of endless nightmares. Kratos 24 finally found a way out of this madness... "

This always goes in and out of my head whenever i find myself near a happy ending.

@Agosp22 google Article 220 of japanese penal code, the japanese child abuse prevention act and the 1956 anti prostitution act and you'll know why.

From the epilogue we know Fumi only went to rehab due to her job as a prostitute. She was saved from worse penalties, i think bc Haru didn't tell everything in the end out of concern for Souta's fate.

@Agosp22 yeah, but omitted talking about the child abuse evidence. That's why she didn't go to prison.

The rehab is bc of the prostitution thing, and going from how the grandparents still miss her, and how Souta was kinda surprised he had alive relatives, bc of other mental issues she had too

Double-page supporter
tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread