Can You Keep a Secret? - Vol. 3 Ch. 21 - Gloomy

Dex-chan lover
Usually no new product will fly off the shelves like hot cakes unless it's heavily advertised or sponsored by a famous company/celebrity. @sleepyfoxscanlations On your translation corner you have the release date as 1/19/2020 but it's ok everyone messes up on the 1st month of a new year. Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@Ochrolv Indeed, you just have to give time for the public to decide on the product. If it's good then it's good but time is needed for the word to spread around. You just have to wait on when to decide if it failed or not.

Double-page supporter
this is what couples should be like, not lashing out your own problems on your partner and creating pointless misunderstandings/drama

Dex-chan lover
Man I like this, it feels real.

Sometimes you carry your crap around and it can make you thorougly unpleasant, but a little perspective can be found.

Group Leader
@Ochrolv Good catch lmao, I didn't notice last time either xD. What makes it worse is I stared at the date for a moment after updating the day, thinking something was wrong, but then shrugged it off...

Edit: Year fixed in both chapters, thanks for the spot!

Dex-chan lover
Ahhhhhh product design my arch nemesis.

As someone who works in branding/advertising it doesn't matter how nicely packaged or designed your item is, if the market research isn't properly done then don't expect it to fly of the shelves immediately.
I've had clients who wanted "everyone" to buy their product, and thus making no one want to buy it because of how generic it was, so you have to find a target audience who your product will cater to who is willing to take a chance in buying something new. From the looks of how those teens at the end saw it, it was a more "high-end" food which was targeted at convenience stores. Those tend not to sell that well immediately because of the location being a place for cheap food, but once word of mouth/advertising kicks in, then maybe it stands a chance.

Ofc there are other factors like price point, shelf life, production demand, expiration, etc. That will affect how it will sell, but those are all business matters and not so much brand design.

@Oh_my_goddess
From my experience usually really high-end sweets/chocolates are sold in coffee shops/boutiques where customers who don't usually care about prices go to shop.
But assessing the quality of the packaging in the manga, it's not that far into the high-end area since it's using a plastic packaging to wrap the sweet, so it's within the mid-range as packaging is concerned. I guess the convenience store is the place to sell it, but then it would need a ton of advertising to break through to the intended market.

Dex-chan lover
I really like how the characters have goals, and have something to strive for. It adds more into the relationship.

I spent a good 5 minutes trying to figure out what autumn colored "baumu" was. Should have just waited for the notes at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread