Cannot comment on profile after commenting on thread

Dex-chan lover
If I comment on a thread (or make one), and then go to comment on someone's profile, then I have to wait. And the worst part is, I have to wait longer than the duration between commenting on one thread and then commenting again (not editing).

Solution
This is because of Xenforo's (on which MangaDex Forums are based on currently) Spam management - Flood check, The MD Forums prolly have a higher rate limit in between messages (posts) which is why when you jump from a discussion (thread) to making a profile post you are getting the messages rate limit instead.

Inversely, if you jump from making a profile post to a comment on a thread, you should get the discussion rate limit which is prolly lower on MD.
Power Uploader
This is because of Xenforo's (on which MangaDex Forums are based on currently) Spam management - Flood check, The MD Forums prolly have a higher rate limit in between messages (posts) which is why when you jump from a discussion (thread) to making a profile post you are getting the messages rate limit instead.

Inversely, if you jump from making a profile post to a comment on a thread, you should get the discussion rate limit which is prolly lower on MD.

Solution

Users who are viewing this thread