Casual chatting thread

Banana Bred
Contributor
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
26,883
Oh, you like it that much. When I got home I will make a group chat for the collection. dw
25VgIoi.gif
 
Minister of Yuri Destruction
Contributor
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
5,764
I don't think the taste was generally an issue, but the texture (and durability) sure was. One of the regional bakeries we got a lot of our bread from had a GF sandwich bread option we tried, and it was like eating compressed sawdust (and held together roughly that well too). Most of the options were a bit better than that, but there was a tendency to be either really dry or almost rubbery depending on what was being used in the dough. We actually had better luck making up something like falafel and using that in a couple cases.
The texture thing likely would've been done better if the bread was fresh out of the oven. Chickpea-based stuff is wonderful, though, I really need to add Falafel to my regulars, now that I think about it
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top