Chainsaw Man - Ch. 177 - Trigger Finger

Dex-chan lover
DID THEY GIVE WAR A DUMP TRUCK ASS ALL OF A SUDDEN LIKE THEY DID MAKIMA?! BRO SHIT IS ABOUT TO GO SIDEWAYS. THE DUMP TRUCK FLAG IS A REAL THING IN FUJIMOTOS WORLD

ETA: Wait a sec, if they are retrieving devils from chainsaw man....given he ate powers blood could he get the blood devil back?

Dex-chan lover
I wonder why 400,000 of the lost their index fingers and not all of them. Does everyone in the NRA have a devil contract or just some of them? Also didn’t America ban guns because of the gun devil in this timeline? Gun violence is at a low enough level that it can be ignored and the country will be fine, historically countries have had way higher rates of death from murder and disease, but a giant monster that flies around at Mach 10 and kills millions of people is different.
yoru now has the gun devil, and the nra would be the worshippers of the gun devil and thus her property. I think she just used their index fingers in exchange to trigger her upcoming attack. only 400 thousand lost their finger because that's what was needed. It wasn't erased from reality like when chainsawman eats a demon

Double-page supporter
Yoru is a real American confirmed, and Yoru is gonna give the biggest fingering in history 😏
National Pistol Association instead of rifles? Ya know, I don't recall seeing any rifles in the whole series at the moment...

But seriously, the NPA getting penalized but not actual criminals who probably aren't in those groups smh
I think Fujimoto is playing with the idea that the pistol is, as a "gun," just an inherently violent symbol -- the aesthetic and functionality of a pistol is that of a weapon, and I don't think there's any denying that. I suspect he's playing with ideas about the inherent normalization of violence in American culture, especially with the Statue of Liberty thing. That's just my guess.

Double-page supporter
pochita being unable to speak is VERY interesting, here I thought it was something else
something tells me that if he could speak, solving this fight with mere words would have been possible. yoru is scared of him, she didn't give chase even though she could have, instead of gathering even more power

him sparing that random girl is pretty sweet though, any other devil would have killed her immediately

Dex-chan lover
What is going on? Why did people suddenly lose their fingers? Why did the Statue of Liberty crack?

Why is Chainsaw Man waving around a blood donation sign while shouting "hamburgers?!"

My only guess is he is trying to summon power? Now that would be a catch if a naked power pops out of people's blood to help chainsaw man.

b4cx9u2mbv

Dex-chan lover
DID THEY GIVE WAR A DUMP TRUCK ASS ALL OF A SUDDEN LIKE THEY DID MAKIMA?! BRO SHIT IS ABOUT TO GO SIDEWAYS. THE DUMP TRUCK FLAG IS A REAL THING IN FUJIMOTOS WORLD

ETA: Wait a sec, if they are retrieving devils from chainsaw man....given he ate powers blood could he get the blood devil back?
Dennis ate power’s blood, not chainsaw man. Chainsaw man might be made from denim materially though.

If chainsaw man ate power‘s blood then the concept of blood would not be a thing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread