Chainsaw Man

Can’t tell if this is good or bad. Like the pacing is bad, and character deaths overall were super weak
except power. R.I.P.
But it was super interesting and a not so shabby story. It was entertaining, that’s for sure.

I genuinely would like to think that the fast pacing and the characters dying is done by the author on purpose. From what Denji said early in the manga, he doesn't particularly care whether people die or not, especially if he doesn't know them. He even said that he wouldn't cry if Power or Aki died. Later on we see him change a bit to feeling regret for Aki's death but in the end, Denji is Denji and he'll keep moving forward for the sake of his desires. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I still loved the story.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Should the last chapter of this really have the end tag? It was revealed at the end that this was only the end of the first part. Unless the next part will be under a different name?

A masterpiece in its own way. Surely the fast pace and plot twist made the story a bit bland, but still fun anyway. There's nothing like mc development etc, and too many plot holes that maybe left for the sequel. If anything, I'd love the ending to be how he fulfills his contract with Power, but yeah it turns out the ending rather suck the same as Kimetsu no Yaiba did. 9.8/10

This is a bit too complicated for me to understand. Nonetheless, i think this is overated. Is this bad? Nahhh. But is it good, ehhh so so. I gave it a 7.

Maybe if i understood what was going on i would appreciate this better. However from what i can tell it started quite comically with the MC fighting for dumb reasons. Then it became more serious with fighting scene after fighting scene and more fighting.

After that there was this plot twist and everything was resolved.

So why i think it was overated? Well if we compare this to other masterpiece like AOT, Violet Evergarden or perhaps Haikyuu (i know they're not the same genre), this manga lacks connection with the readers. When bad things happen to characters in the manga i feel bad as well. When bad things happen to characters in Chainsaw man, i feel nothing.

However after typing all my thoughts i realize maybe thats the point of this manga. Maybe they wanted to show how meaningless the MC's life is because
he was manipulated by someone.
I dont know.

So should you give this a try? Yeah i binge read this whole manga within 2 days with some studying in between. You wont waste much time and there must be a reason why some people like this and why some people dont like. Thats your choice to make.

Why are people hating on this masterpiece? Because you wanna be edgy and hate on popular stuff even if it's good?

I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my opinion, you can still enjoy this manga despite its flaws. I have my own opinion and you have yours, so I'm sorry if you got offended from my comment criticizing the manga earlier.

Fed-Kun's army
@aggregatedretard well at least you can throw yours with a proper word and acceptable without being an as*hole

meanwhile the other just straight up hate with that trash they called words or "opinion"

Story: Everything went downhill the moment the last arc started.
Action: Rip and tear.
Character: With the exception of Aki & Power, Makima mystery and development down the drain in final arc, everyone else = who again?
Comedy: Kobeni
Plot: Denji didn't get to kiss/bone Makima as he wanted.

Overall: Good action fight but meh for story development, almost as if author to decided to call it quits halfway through and be done with it. 0 plot coherency in the grand scheme of things.

In the end, its a shonen action manga, nth more.

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.................
I don't even know what to say, really...Last 20 chapters was kind hot garbage, ngl.
I felt way too overcomplicated without any good reason, the ending felt rushed as hell
The characters motivations were super fucking weird too.
And a lot of things in general, like how powers/demons/otherworld work, weren't properly explained imo.
The designs of some creatures were fucking amazing tho
I don't even know how to rate it, it's like somewhere between a masterpiece and pointless garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread