Chainsaw Man

wow. honestly, i was bawling for over an hour while i was reading this. i don't really like to binge read series, but it felt like a crime to me to *not* binge read this, it was really worth it. probably one of my favourite manga tbh

Everyone hyped this up so damn much. Honestly it was a fun read with the most anticlimactic ending ever, that's about all. Hopefully part 2 steps it up. First half was way better.
7.5/10

update the cover to vol 11 https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/chainsaw-man/images/3/34/Volume_11.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20210225015947

the ending is kinda bad ngl
she fucked his life so much killing his friends and he still cares about her like that

God I hope that part 2 won't fuck up the ending

bit overhyped, the boundaries of what a power can do are glossed over... resulting in a lot of ass pulls that you won't be able to explain without some headcanon shit, way too fast paced, really meh ending... can't see how a part 2 can occur from it, some actually not forced funny moments, mc is not genuine he's both completely stupid and a genius when it needs to fit the whim of the author to fit a specific outcome and doesn't naturally become either... not referring to his feelings i'm referring to his tactics, the unexplained illogical stuff is nice and the art is sometimes amazing and disturbing, the story also lacks cohesion jumping from serious to funny in the span of a chapter, there's a shit ton of plot holes.
it's like a 6, maybe 6.5 for me

7/10
Expected more with all the hype surrounding it
I enjoyed myself though
looking forward to more

Clearly a 10 if you've read a shitton of manga. Original, unpredictable, and way better than all the uninspired, generic trash out there. If you honestly can't appreciate it and give it below an 8 idk what to say cept its a bad take and maybe you should go acquire some taste lol.

Users who are viewing this thread