Cheap Sweet Candy

Aggregator gang
France has a bunch of boonies too and it's a lot like how they show in Japanese manga (minus the rice paddies). Stores close at like 3pm, most folks just go for a walk or hang out at the church, even when there's no service, and TV is only watched for the news for a couple hours. If your a city kid, you WILL be bored to tears.

But you also only have your grandparents for a short amount of time. Treasure that.

Group Leader
So currently, several chapters are missing as Crossbreed Scans were among the groups that left Mangadex. We're still undecided as to whether we'll do them after we're done with the rest of the series.

Kotoyama will start a new series called "Yofukashi no Uta" at 8/28 on Shonen Sunday Magazine
https://twitter.com/cot_510/status/1156218933130584064?s=20

Aggregator gang
So now that it ended it is time for me to start reading it! I hope it's great to pass the time.

Dex-chan lover
Personally, I dislike this ending, is like the mangaka looked at the money got from the anime and just decided to drop out and enjoy it.
Almost feels like a axe.
Not enough closure.
And the cover of the last chapter make me think that Koharu lost her place as main heroine, even the pages she got don't help.
I doubt I will read something else from this author.

Kinda sad to see this end, well if one can considers this end an end but the atmosphere in this was just nice. Well farewell.

Aggregator gang
The impatient poster strikes again. Not the first time an anon decided to skip all the other chapters and post the last one. Not really a spoiler, considering the rest of the manga, but still a dick move.

Dex-chan lover
Ending chapter leaves a ton of information about what happened in the last arc because the readers are assumed to be knowledgeable about them. I’s suggest waiting for the gao to be filled if you want to enjoy it properly.

Dex-chan lover
always sucks when someone just posts the last or a late chapter, especially to a slice of life as long running as this. even if they just were thinking something like "eh just seems like more of the same so might as well end it here". reminds me of amagi brilliant park where someone just translated chapter 28 when it was still on 8. but at least for that it was after several years of no one picking it up and ended up stoking interest in the series from other groups again.

Why the hell are the final chapters uploded? We're missing around 30 chapters, was about to read 'em and get spoiled but thankfully realized something was off.

Contributor
@Zaldun Troll snipe, if I had to guess.

Honestly, this is the result of both Emblem/Boredom taking so long between updates on 10-page chapters and idiots refusing to acknowledge that this is supposed to be a chill, nostalgic manga and just shrieking for a resolution on the romantic subplot.

I'll say it now and never again. This is a series about people celebrating and taking part in a dying industry and the bittersweet realization that, whether you like it or not, life goes on. Not who gets with who: that's a side bonus at best. I am SICK of people who read the ending ahead of time saying that it sucks when they just mean "I didn't get the pairing I wanted". If you want something where the romance is the main point, go read something else and stop shouting about it in the comments to every chapter.

OH h***ll no...Just a dick move and insulting to the readership to boot. If you think the current translators are to slow at least work on the next chapter(s) in line. But jumping to the end?..that's just dickish..and as i said an insult. I'll wait for E/B to finish up. I have plenty to read in the meantime. It does mean i'll avoid the work of ether group whenever i can. By the way there is plenty of stuff out there that needs translation, go work on that.

@Shita-kiri_Suzume.I would say you are right. I Would also say that in a general way that's what all "work" is. Create a framework that engages that audience and use it to talk about whatever you think is important in relation to the environment you have created. I also agree about the point about "romance" sheesh it's that authors work if you don't like the way it comes out. Write one of your own.

Now... now we're getting it uploaded in reverse order? Could we.. not do this?

@Shita-kiri_Suzume god damn it, if stuff like this isn't handled in some way it will be an easy way to grief people, just half arse a translation of final chapter (or two) and upload those to finished but still translating series.

Users who are viewing this thread