Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life: Isekai ni Tsukurou Drugstore - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Handle With Care

Dex-chan lover

I can't believe in six months noone posted this...

Dex-chan lover
chapter is a little offensive because its comedy
this comedy is a tragedy because I think too much

Fed-Kun's army
Well, even if the potion is just against the libido, not to make him straight, the way some things are phrased (like: "seems like krull-san is seen as a normal person by his family") is offensive in itself... (he IS a fucking normal person, he just likes guys...)
+ thats pretty much a "lighter" version of what governments did do homosexuals for some time, its not quite chemical castration, but its similar enough. (giving people who dont know about them any sorts of drugs is a serious crime today and that has a reason...)

I find this chapter offensive to be honest, but I do find the depiction of the gay guy offensive in the first place... its the overused and dumb "gays are overly sexual"-clichee, it is pretty much the worse version of the normal dumb "jokes" that are made in harem mangas when a side character comes by that can be percieved as gay, so the mc has to overly clearly state that he only likes women...

I think Mikot was shown in a flashback like once but I honestly don't remember her at all.

I was listening to ‘school uniforms’ by ‘the wombats’ whilst reading this and when I got to page 23 the song was on 2:04

._.

Supporter
MC solved the horny! With side effects, but good job. It doesn't matter the sexual preferences, but the overly thirsty are still annoying.

Though, I'm pretty sure overdosing on that will lead to enlightenment rather than becoming effeminate. Enlightenment that lasts one generation.

Aggregator gang
Comic relief character traits aside, this unfortunately captures the mindset of Japan and homosexuality. Gotta remember that Japan is a very conservative country; old to the school! Anime and manga will make it seem normal, funny, or whatever else but the actual Japanese frown upon it and are not ashamed of cutting out family over it. It's gotten better over the years but when you compare it to more open-minded countries like the US, Britain, France, etc. it's still pretty bad. It sucks, but this is considered normal thinking over there.

Also the "chemical castration" was not intended by the MC (there's a reason the chapter is called "Handle With Care"). The sister pretty much OD'd the brother with medicine in her zealousness despite the MC telling her exactly not to do that. Tragically, the lesson about overdosing on a medicine went to the wrong subject, causing the controversy when this chapter first came out. Gotta remember that the medicine was meant to be a tranquilizer for his raging libido, not as a "cure for homosexuality" as some think the author intended. But like any medicine, the cure can become a poison when it's overused. This was a good example, but it went to the wrong subject, causing the earlier mentioned controversy.

Put simply, while this chapter can be offensive, it was not an ad against homosexuality. It was a warning about overdosing.

what happened to the elf dude, it's like he was a jojo character

Fed-Kun's army
Elf dude came off as even more gay. Feels like the dude made some kind of estrogen supplement. Also secretly drugging people is kind of fucked. Did yall learn nothing from king of the hill?

Human mood affected by hormon, so reiji make medicine for reducing certain hormon not mind altering, and please we only want to have fun here not arguing about this

Fed-Kun's army
Let me just say this bluntly, there would be blood in the streets if I ever found someone putting estrogen in my food. This MC should have his ads beat and those wives should be divorced.

Fed-Kun's army
damn can we just enjoy the gay elf and not start dumbass arguments please? It's a goddamn fantasy manga stop bringing real world politics into it, I came here to escape that and you fuckers just have to bring it up.

Users who are viewing this thread