Cheat Skill "Shisha Sosei" ga Kakusei Shite, Inishie no Maougun wo Fukkatsu Sasete Shimaimashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 27 - The Eternal Saintess

Dex-chan lover
Well, considering he can revive all the OP people he want, the side with Licht would win by winning every 'trade'.
And the more powerful beings on his side, the worse each trade become.
Imagine how many people would need to be sacrificed to kill Aria even once, and then Licht can just revive her right away.

Not to mention the possibility of people in power switching side just to earn access to his revival option (remember the fox girl?)
yeah, but then it just switches who wants him dead and puts a serious price on his owner's head...plus we don't know if splitting up the body will make revival entirely possible

Dex-chan lover
yeah, but then it just switches who wants him dead and puts a serious price on his owner's head...plus we don't know if splitting up the body will make revival entirely possible

From checking the early chapters, it seems he only need the soul to revive someone.

In ch 2 Aria mention that even necromancer would need the corpse to revive someone.
In ch 3 Licht admit that he can't revive something without a soul.

So splitting up, or even completely destroying, the body wouldn't stop his skill.

Frankly it's more of what kind of idiots wouldn't want him. Just by having his 'protection' they're immune to any form of assassination.
In fact
the next arc is about him being kidnapped BECAUSE a demon lord want to use his resurrection skill to revive its comrades

Dex-chan lover
I can't wait for him to realize this is all his fault that the demon king is back
Don't forget there are multiple demon lords. Aria killed one herself who picked a fight with them. This King doesn't even realize there's a demon lord within his own country.

Dex-chan lover
Why dry hair hair off while they're still out in the rain?

What if she just died lost in the woods somewhere since it seems like she was close to it?
Seems like a "not their problem" kind of mentality.

What was the point of even reviving her?
Not much, from what I understand it. Mostly a waste of time, pages, and character.

The King's immediate shift into informal, Americanized T.V-speech "It was the right call to execute that guy" is super jarring. I really don't understand what the obsession is in scans with overusing "you guys" when it's tonally wrong.
"That guy" and "you guys" aren't the same type of speech or tone. As @Amariithynar said, it's like how criminals often use "that man" or "that woman" to distance themselves from someone. I don't think writing "guy" instead of "man" has a significant impact on that.

Double-page supporter
So... they revived the saintess only to just erase her memory almost entirely to the point that she barely even knows who she is, and then dump her in the woods? What if she just died lost in the woods somewhere since it seems like she was close to it?

From the way it sounds in that afterwords it almost is like she's basically gone from the story or will, at best, get referenced. What was the point of even reviving her? I guess in the long run she will be good for the world as a whole but talk about a strange couple chapters.
It's actually pretty realistic. Not every action ends up being plot relevant

Group Leader
Why dry hair hair off while they're still out in the rain?

Seems like a "not their problem" kind of mentality.

Not much, from what I understand it. Mostly a waste of time, pages, and character.

"That guy" and "you guys" aren't the same type of speech or tone. As @Amariithynar said, it's like how criminals often use "that man" or "that woman" to distance themselves from someone. I don't think writing "guy" instead of "man" has a significant impact on that.
The two of you missed the point of my comment entirely. I said using "that guy" is tonally inconsistent for a character who is supposed to be a King. "That guy", "you guys", "those guys" etc are all highly informal speech patterns used in informal speech, why would a King be speaking informally?
Dehumanizing dialogue can be done without resorting to sounding as if you just came out of 90s.

Also, I checked the raws and it says:
"あいつはあの時処刑しておいて正解だったはずだ"
あいつ is a derogatory way of referring to someone else, so why couldn't they simply italicize him?
The entire line is a self-aggrandizing, self-assuring line meant to symbolize the King's continued stubborness even when presented with evidence supporting the opposite, so, as my question is and always has been, why is the dialogue dumbed down into something you'd hear from prime-time American T.V. instead of actual befitting dialogue?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The two of you missed the point of my comment entirely.
Just because I disagreed with you doesn't mean I missed your point.

Yeah, but loose plots that don't lead anywhere is bad storytelling. It's fine to do that kind of stuff in stories that are otherwise much more focused on realism, but this ain't it.

Dex-chan lover
The King's immediate shift into informal, Americanized T.V-speech "It was the right call to execute that guy" is super jarring. I really don't understand what the obsession is in scans with overusing "you guys" when it's tonally wrong.
because he's still afraid to a degree. Like saying his name will bring him back to haunt him. To dehumanize him and make it morally correct to have killed Licht

My best guess is that there was some fighting in the editing process on whether to adapt Rael's arc, which ended up being veto'd out of the manga entirely. The WN does indeed have a small arc for her journey, but that only happened after she joined the crew.
what was supposed to be her arc in the WN and is it not really important?

I think they had to release the saintess into the wilderness just in case she reappears later.

Dex-chan lover
So weird that they even gave focus to what seems to be a half-retconned character. Good for worldbuilding I guess.

Dex-chan lover
that's just called bad writing. chekov's gun dictates that every element in a story must be necessary, and irrelevant elements should be removed. if it serves no value to the plot, then it should never have even been brought up. this is clearly an editing issue. the editor and the mangaka were sticking too closely with the light novel and completely failed to realize just how stupid it would be to not completely remove her from the story. but i guess page count is more important to them than actual cohesiveness.

Double-page supporter
that's just called bad writing. chekov's gun dictates that every element in a story must be necessary, and irrelevant elements should be removed. if it serves no value to the plot, then it should never have even been brought up. this is clearly an editing issue. the editor and the mangaka were sticking too closely with the light novel and completely failed to realize just how stupid it would be to not completely remove her from the story. but i guess page count is more important to them than actual cohesiveness.
That's just cope. A detail can be aesthetically relevant without being story relevant.

Dex-chan lover
That's just cope. A detail can be aesthetically relevant without being story relevant.
not when it's focused on so heavily like this. she got 3 chapters just to become irrelevant. the only cope is trying to justify the time wasted on her.

Dex-chan lover
Somehow i become curious about what happened to Rael in the WN and decided to skimming it
I think i begun to understand why the author decide to kick her off from the party and give this treatment in the manga for her,

since in the WN she almost dont have any contribution to the main story
about her small arc after she joining the party, from what i read is not so important in the long run because it only help her to change her opinion for the MC into positive one, like MC ready to kill anyone who endanger his friend and help everyone who align with his purpose
she also dont give major contribution to the army since she cant fight at all and can only help by standby in the castle or taking care of wounded girl who cant join the battle
she didnt even included or mentioned in the valentine chapter of the WN, like the author dont know what to do with her

Users who are viewing this thread