Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 16 - The Palace Harem is a Mess -- Blood Affinity Verification

Double-page supporter
I'm pretty sure the prince will turn out to be the emperor's son, so I'm not sure where she's going with this plan.

Aggregator gang
cant wait for the next one! thank you for the hard work, people from shadowmadness!

Dex-chan lover
Loll even if they are blood related the blood mixing in water or whatever doesn't work.
Many thanks

Dex-chan lover
So the plan is if they have different bloodtypes it'll coagulate and that'll pass as a relativity test? I'm honestly mostly interested in the method they'll be using.

Dex-chan lover
I've seen historical Chinese blood tests in fiction before, but never really got how they worked. Either way, this is such a perfect setup.

Y'know, it's quite telling that this scene is nearly identical to Su's own condemnation event. This emperor really is the biggest asshole here.

Ok, it's the start of the party as our MC have her own way to this blood test here.🤩🤩

Meo

Dex-chan lover
A few tears and the Emperor forgives an unfaithful concubine (dude must really love her)? This seems to go against his very character.

I guess for someone that can make a phoenix appear in the sky can easily make sure the blood don't mix.

I've seen historical Chinese blood tests in fiction before, but never really got how they worked.

It's based on hemolytic reaction from mixing blood. You take some blood from the two people (father and son in this case) and mix it together.
The principle is that if they're closely related, nothing will happen, but if they're not related, the blood will react and destroy each other.

This is due to blood type: If two two are the same blood type, there's no reaction, but different blood types destroy each other (which is why it's really bad to get a transfusion of the wrong blood type).

The test isn't reliable at all though, since a child won't necessarily have the same blood type as their parent, and also a lot of people have the same blood type.

Lol! 😂 She got tricked! That eunuch is close to the emperor but was bribed by MC before. How are you sure he won’t do something? Also, I don’t think the blood thing works. I tried it out with my mom before but it didn’t work cause we both have different blood type. It also didn’t work with my sis. While for my dad, it worked.

Did they ever state what was Emperors illness? What if it was something like hemophilia of all things mixed with some anemia?
Blood would never coagulate, dooming the bitch and marking the emperor as a cuck.
Probably not tho as its illness that could kill him at any time if he got a cut.

Just found this and man is this a really interesting and compelling take on the genre. Focusing on the scheming and trims a lot of the fat usually used to stall others in the genre. Look forward to more.

Contributor
If this is true to trope, the blood test never pans out even if you really are related, because science.

Users who are viewing this thread