Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 17 Ch. 374 - How an Abandoned Wife Became the Female President - The Aloof Senior Brother

Dex-chan lover
This arc makes me so anxious. Partially bc I’m worried abt the OG husband, but I know he’ll be fine at the end.

What I’m most anxious about is what will happen when the ML returns. Like, what are they gonna do about his reputation once they get him back?
He’s being sued like crazy, people think he’s a cheater (and maybe even a wife beater), the police suspect him for being involved with the “suicide” of his cousin, the people around him are starting to think he’s a tyrant in the making, and his body and power have been used to kill several people.
Especially after that charity event stunt. While at a charity event for impoverished children, his mistress openly said that it’s natural that some people are impoverished, and that the real issue is that higher ranking people have to spend time caring about those lower ranks. Not to mention all that “man hunt, woman serve” stuff she spewed. Why would you date someone whose worldview is directly opposite of yours? People definitely think the husband shares her views. (Which he DOES, so if he ever opens his mouth on that topic, he’s screwed.) The people he works with are starting to lose trust in him. A lot of his sponsors and supporters are probably considering withdrawing their support. His fans are definitely starting to hate him. Even if the higher ranks don’t care about cheating, they know how important the public’s opinion is. No one wants to risk investing in anything led by someone who the public despises.

Also, as mentioned before, OG husbands body is being used for crimes, and he's even suspected by the police atm. That alone is cause for him to lose favorability with several companies/partners. Not for moral reasons, for “birds of a feather flock together” reasons.

Like, TLDR: homeboy is about to be canceled. His reputation has gone from “cold, but a good person and director (and husband), to “a cheating, misogynistic, tyranical, power hungry, elitest, caveman, criminal.”

Also, I miss OG husband 😢. MVP fr. I liked this arc more when xiaxia didn’t have to be so cunning.

OG Hubby come baaaaaaaack! We miss you being Luxia simp and good husband overall :meguuusad:

With how thing's are going, the OG husband won't be able to get back from this as it's becoming a burning shitshow. I hope Luxia would be able to do something about it in the end.

Now, where in the world is the woman who made this all possible? Is she wallowing in her sadness or something 'cause she thought "if her hubby comes back, she'll have a happily ever after"? That's just ridiculous.

I thought WDX is smarter than SYX. turns out, both of them are still thinking that the old days rules and values are still acceptable in nowadays world. Killing and druging people, treating women like a commodity, sigh.

Aggregator gang
OG Hubby come baaaaaaaack! We miss you being Luxia simp and good husband overall :meguuusad:

With how thing's are going, the OG husband won't be able to get back from this as it's becoming a burning shitshow. I hope Luxia would be able to do something about it in the end.

Now, where in the world is the woman who made this all possible? Is she wallowing in her sadness or something 'cause she thought "if her hubby comes back, she'll have a happily ever after"? That's just ridiculous.
We've seen enough Shang Yu Xue and now it's time for WDX to fall into Lu Xia traps.

Double-page supporter
I miss the simp husband but this dude has such a long ponytail! It's so nice. Also the Emperor is reminding me why I hate the overbearing CEO trope. Ugh.

I ask myself this every time anybody puts on new clothing this arc, but WHAT IS UP with these outfits? It's like there's no theme, apart from the author apparently asking themselves what the most tacky, setting-inappropriate outfit possible could be, and then going with that. Every dress Su Luxia wears in this arc is worse than the last. I'd skip the arc, but I actually enjoy the plot, so there's no escaping ;_;

Users who are viewing this thread