Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 17 Ch. 384 - How an Abandoned Wife Became the Female President : Wen DaoXian The Fugitive

Dex-chan lover
Hey all!
Surprise~! Our schedule will be changed to Wednesday and Saturday!
For those who wanna skip this arc, it will end in ch 388; you can check back in on 18 Nov

Detailed spoilers by Kayoko:

~ Wen DaoXian (+ Shang YiXue, she was merely grounded after leaking the information from before) escape though... but before long, Wen DaoXian comes back as the figurehead of a religious terrorist organization (you heard me right.) while Shang YiXue makes it her life's mission to assassinate LuXia. like everything she does, Shang YiXue fails in her attempt and is then detained by LuXia.

~ during her presidential speech, "LuXia" (in reality, Shang YiXue in a LuXia disguise) is assassinated in front of the audience and dies. Wen DaoXian notices and screams out in despair, which prompts LuXia to have her men "detain" him properly this time. LuXia gives Wen DaoXian a talking to, which he replies saying that he'll "never bow down to someone like her!", but LuXia points out that his spirit has begun "dissipating”

~ Wen DaoXian's spirit eventually completely dissipates, leaving behind Wen Zheng's body. LuXia then sends him to the hospital and he wakes up, asking about the original LuXia and if our LuXia can return her to her body.

~ LuXia mentions that she'll only be asking for four more years of taking over LuXia’s body, which she then uses to improve Country H under her presidency. afterwards, she leaves, leaving behind the original LuXia (now in her original body) to live the rest of her life happily with Wen Zheng. (this was organized before LuXia left and is then executed by Mo QiXun)

~ the arc ends, but not before one of the characters in this arc receives an invitation to become an agent much like LuXia, and has a senpai that we know from previous story. I think it would be funny to not say who he is and have you wait for our releases.

Do check out our discord at:
http://discord.gg/BwbGhA58dr
You can discuss the chs, let us know of any mistakes in the chs, n there’s a g doc link to all notable charas of previous arc if you need them to refresh your memory~!
Also, you can read spoilers in the server!!
Also, do join our team! We need experienced typesetters and redrawers!

-Rikko from PRAE scans

Group Leader
Ty for the translation!!

I appreciate posting the spoilers for people who don’t care for the current arc, as well as when the arc will be over. It lets people choose what they wanna do.

I do find the paper-thin politics at least a little hilarious, though it is so much different than previous arcs it’s surprising they even made at attempt at it.

Fed-Kun's army
oh dear, thanks a lot for the spoilers (and the translation) wild that all that happens. i think this arc is too convoluted but everything about it is paper thin (the politics, the debate, how people reacts to everything) it's almost like reading satire...

considering we're past the debate, and she's basically guaranteed presidency, i am excited to see if we have new additions to the luxia lookbook! always excited to see her in different stuff!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation!

However, yeah, I hate this arc. It's getting way too ridiculous for something that's meant to be a modern arc. I think manhua and CN do not do modern arcs very well at all in quick transmigration stories...

Dex-chan lover
I
Hey all!
Surprise~! Our schedule will be changed to Wednesday and Saturday!
For those who wanna skip this arc, it will end in ch 388; you can check back in on 18 Nov

Detailed spoilers by Kayoko:

~ Wen DaoXian (+ Shang YiXue, she was merely grounded after leaking the information from before) escape though... but before long, Wen DaoXian comes back as the figurehead of a religious terrorist organization (you heard me right.) while Shang YiXue makes it her life's mission to assassinate LuXia. like everything she does, Shang YiXue fails in her attempt and is then detained by LuXia.

~ during her presidential speech, "LuXia" (in reality, Shang YiXue in a LuXia disguise) is assassinated in front of the audience and dies. Wen DaoXian notices and screams out in despair, which prompts LuXia to have her men "detain" him properly this time. LuXia gives Wen DaoXian a talking to, which he replies saying that he'll "never bow down to someone like her!", but LuXia points out that his spirit has begun "dissipating”

~ Wen DaoXian's spirit eventually completely dissipates, leaving behind Wen Zheng's body. LuXia then sends him to the hospital and he wakes up, asking about the original LuXia and if our LuXia can return her to her body.

~ LuXia mentions that she'll only be asking for four more years of taking over LuXia’s body, which she then uses to improve Country H under her presidency. afterwards, she leaves, leaving behind the original LuXia (now in her original body) to live the rest of her life happily with Wen Zheng. (this was organized before LuXia left and is then executed by Mo QiXun)

~ the arc ends, but not before one of the characters in this arc receives an invitation to become an agent much like LuXia, and has a senpai that we know from previous story. I think it would be funny to not say who he is and have you wait for our releases.

Do check out our discord at:
http://discord.gg/BwbGhA58dr
You can discuss the chs, let us know of any mistakes in the chs, n there’s a g doc link to all notable charas of previous arc if you need them to refresh your memory~!
Also, you can read spoilers in the server!!
Also, do join our team! We need experienced typesetters and redrawers!

-Rikko from PRAE scans
I think Mo Qixun will be invited...

SGR

Aggregator gang
Ehhh, this manhua used to at least TRY to be coherent and somewhat realistic...

Dex-chan lover
I usually just read spoilers but I will resist! Man this lady is super crazy, question is, has she gotten any smarter in her lockdown?

Dex-chan lover
No inhuman luck, no skill, no help, and she somehow plans to kill Su Luxia?

Yup, dumb woman.

Dex-chan lover
I read the spoilers and am excited for the upcoming fuckery.
Thank you for all the translations!

Thank you for the translations!

I like to think the paper-thin politics and the way characters constantly swing between loyalties (not just in this arc, it’s pretty common in all of this story’s arcs) is a statement on web culture and the way netizens are so quick to jump on someone’s bandwagon, but also very quick to leave for someone else’s…

At least, that’s what I tell myself. I really enjoyed the early story arcs and I just keep hoping we’ll get another one I like. ;;

Last edited:
oh dear, thanks a lot for the spoilers (and the translation) wild that all that happens. i think this arc is too convoluted but everything about it is paper thin (the politics, the debate, how people reacts to everything) it's almost like reading satire...

considering we're past the debate, and she's basically guaranteed presidency, i am excited to see if we have new additions to the luxia lookbook! always excited to see her in different stuff!
It is a satire lol. Still better than what they usually write in Chinese webnovels.

Fed-Kun's army
It is a satire lol. Still better than what they usually write in Chinese webnovels.
sorry, i do have trouble telling sometimes 😅😅 and i haven't read a lot of cn webnovels so i wouldn't know firsthand

sorry, i do have trouble telling sometimes 😅😅 and i haven't read a lot of cn webnovels so i wouldn't know firsthand
For your sanity, it is better hat you don't read them 😂. Manhua like this will tell you exactly what is wrong with those webnovels 😂.

Aggregator gang
I'm lowkey distracted by the "ground" where the trapdoor is. It's supposed to be ground dirt, right? But because of the way the leaf assets are awkwardly used it just looks like flat brown floor with strange leaf patterns.

Users who are viewing this thread