Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 4 Ch. 74 - Elegant Socialite: Kneel down and call me Sugar Daddy

"How could I be wrong?!" Well, lady, did you like him quietly for yourself, or did you ruin other people for yourself?

@Kagamimocchi
The Mangadex raw link goes to QQ (the official site for the manhua). The chapters there are up to 137 currently.
https://ac.qq.com/Comic/comicInfo/id/639131

However, if you simply want to peek ahead at what's to come, all of the past and also the future covers are available on Mangadex.
https://mangadex.org/title/40778/cheating-men-must-die/covers/

Fed-Kun's army
@nobaka
nah yeah i agree with you bai is like comedically awful and two faced

no mang, my point is 'isn't it interesting that people can cheer for someone doing exactly the same thing that they tear down someone else for'
i'm explicitly leaving motivation out of it because, duh, motivation is very important to how people pass judgement

i understand that that's why you made the comment, since there is a that double standard, which was why i put that there. people on here love seeing someone tear down a bad relationship if they cape for one side and hate the other. personally, i dont like either and think that both parties in the relationship should be settle it themselves, with outside assistance if need be. it just didnt happen ideally in this situation for luxia, who was being abused and demeaned in her household despite being the reason why that liang household is standing in the first place.

you say that like all relationships are good ones. i've seen plenty of relationships that are super unhealthy and absolutely should be broken up, and of the ones that were both people were almost invariably better off. but you're totally right, the whole attitude towards relationships and possessiveness is why i commented in the first place. sometimes someone who breaks up a bad marriage is a hero, sometimes they're a miserable shit. it's a bit easier to decide in this circumstance since there's no children involved, imo

i never said that all relationships are good ones, like nowhere does it say that. and i never said that abusive or unhealthy relationships shouldnt be broken up. what was wrong was that she knew the outcome of the drama would be that liang would make amends and decided to ruin that and cause the whole shitstorm in the first place. and also, this is a little personal, but growing up in a household with a father figure that was abusive towards my mom, i do know that people who break up marriages arent always good or bad, theyre just people trying their best to help. it was just bai that was absolutely in the wrong because not only did she not break the relationship in full, she caused more torment for luxia knowingly, like when she fake cried and threw tantrums and stuff then had liang sic at luxia for her own selfish gains.

my comment was more towards the nuance that was kind of missing in both of our comments ig. 'feminine pursuit in romance' and 'whorish home wrecker' are both big parts of society as a whole and the fact that one is seen as cute and the other as morally wrong almost always depends on the circumstances. like there was a manga on here that i read once and dropped because the mc was a girl who wouldnt stop bothering the ml even though he was already happy in a relationship. it was gross and exactly the type of trope that could have easily landed that girl in the 'whorish home wrecker' but because she was meant to be rooted for, readers let it happen. i had to drop it cause the people were shit talking the gf when she was getting mad that this girl was intruding in their lives. so i think that that was the point we were going after, but please correct me if im wrong.

and yes, courtesan su has been and always will be the queen and ultimate baller of these stories.

@Sharkexpert12

Even the most horrible person the human race has ever seen Hitler was only able to gain power because Germans after ww1 were treated poorly and had generations of people disliking how the world treated them. Yes Hitler was bad but he was a monster the world allowed to be set lose and cause the damage he did.

please explain why you are using hitler as the moral crutch of your argument. why are you making it sound like it was the international bodies' fault that hitler came to power. yeah, vienna convention and shit but it wasnt them that planted the antisemitism and white supremacy that led to hitlers rise to power. the world didnt allow him to be let lose and cause the damage, half the world was in the shits from european and german colonialism and it wasnt like the jewish people of germany were letting him do fuck all that entire time instead of living in fear from another increase of violence that they already experience. so what do they have to do with that? and it wasnt 'generations' suffering, hitler was literally alive and fought during ww1 and rose to power in ww2, a total span of 21 years on the european side.
you might wanna reexamine why you think its okay to be using hitler as your gotcha point in a manhua about cheating men and completely ignoring the other more important factors that led to hitlers rise to power, other than 'germans felt entitled to having greater control over more colonies, helped jumpstart a war, and felt like utter shit when they suddenly werent doing so hot in the international market, so they let a genocidal, antisemitic asshole control the govt so they can get a taste of that sweet, sweet power again' .

Dex-chan lover
@nobaka I brought him up as the extreme example not to be edgy or something like that. Mostly to prove a point. Sure I could have used some obscure example or even one that pertains to only one demographic like say something from classical history or say the american civil war but stuff like the plague, hitler and the holocaust, and to some degree North Korea tend to be more well known world wide and as such are the best for examples when you don't know the demographic you are speaking to. What do you want from me? I can go and copy paste an entire article about the end of world war 1 and how the treaty was unfair and all that nonsense or I could attempt to keep it short. If it bothers you I guess I'm sorry for over simplifying a complex argument into less then a paragraph. But a nice reminder this is a manga piracy site not a place known for long winded intellectual conversations. Feel free to say what you want about me or whatever but understand I try to get my point across as fast as I can by any means necessary because most the time you try and go long winded people just respond with stuff like TLDR and move on.

Meo

Dex-chan lover
@nobaka : Considering the time frame the story was set...I actually don't consider Bai to be "wrong/immoral" for wanting a married man. If I remember correctly, back in the day...you're allowed one MAIN wife and 4 concubines. So if her goals was for a concubine position, I'm all for her going for it.

The problem with Bai is with her personality, she's materialistic, egocentric, and she's a total B****. Where she thinks she's able to do whatever she wants but when others do the same thing it's unreasonable and wrong (she's totally not adhering to the "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" rule).

And she's two-timing (wrong in any time) on Luxia's husband with the General granted the two guys kind of deserve it.

Dex-chan lover
@Meo
but bai isn't from the story, she's transmigrated. she's just a regular bitch. so it makes me think her morality is closer to modern standards.

that's why she's such a popular singer, she's singing pop songs and stuff that no one's ever heard

p sure she wasn't trying to be a concubine, she wanted to be number one and there's no one else

@chuchuchoerry
would you believe it if i said you are one of the only people on this site who has engaged in an even slightly introspective discussion of [whatever series is being discussed]
it's so refreshing. also a man (or w/e) of excellent courtesan su taste

Fed-Kun's army
@nobaka
i dont mean to toot my own horn here but looking at the comments sections of some of these stories i can tell. call that the braincell gang ✌🏽✌🏽✌🏽 jk jk but i love being able to discuss things on here, but like some people just are not willing to see that sometimes,,, the things they say are actually morally, spiritually, and lawfully wrong. like yall cannot be caping for romance between child and adult cause its the main ship, that aint it, that aint the wave, that aint the fashion 💅🏽
and of course, courtesan su gets my heart and brain thumpin like no other in this series so far. it was really good of the author to reel me in with a nice, conniving gal. the plot wasnt too contrived, the characters were realistic, and the story arc satisfying. all in all, that arc was just *chefs kiss*

Meo

Dex-chan lover
@nobaka : I agree with you Bai is horrible. I wanted to say her claiming to love the guy, that's why she wanted to be with him, could be justified because the times allowed it. But she in essence what the best of both worlds (a husband that is faithful to only her, while trying to steal another person's husband) that makes her actions unjustifiable.

Luxia isn't exact a heroine either (and she's such a hack character). She lies, she causes death and destruction but at least, she's fine with the same treatment.

Seriously, I think this storyline has the worst ML/cheater/lover. At first, I hated that domestic violent SOB and wish he would die, now he's just so pathetic, I almost pity the guy. His mother's got him whipped, Luxia is playing him like a fiddle, Bai is playing him. That's why all the hatred has gone from the cheater to the transmigrated girl (I totally pitied the first reincarnated consort in Story 1). I want a dude I can hate, so I can derive pleasure from his suffering.

Can someone explain to me what the husband meant, when he said 'a woman's weakness'? Is this just some macho crap or a cultural thingy I don't get?

Fed-Kun's army
God what an entitled bitch. Can wait to see her get fucking obliterated.

bitch please your on your last kneels, at this point, so please don't try to cheese your way out of the way.

Liking him is not wrong, but to force herself in to be the legal wife while he already have a wife is wrong. Well, I can't say that we don't thank her though. If she didn't come, then Luxia wouldn't hosted the original Luxia, and then she wouldn't get her karma.

Users who are viewing this thread