Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 9 Ch. 172 - A literary giant’s huge fall -- Beauty becomes a fatty

I love that starving artist out for revenge. May her other works also be big hits.

Thanks for the updates

Dex-chan lover
I have a hunch that idea that having/using more expensive stuff makes you better is more pervasive in China than we're used to. Anyone knows how true is it?

Thus arc seems like it is going to be more boring then the last. The antagonist is a superficial idiot who can only plagiarize. It would have been more interesting if she had actually come up with her own good ending that was just average.

@BlazingMagpie pretty true. My relatives in mainland china are ridiculously obsessive about brand name products and will buy anything as long as it has a good brand name. They are especially fond of brands from overseas because it has even more 'prestige' since it's more expensive and harder to import some things from overseas. And the general thought that 'it's more exspensive so it had to be better' is pretty common even if the 2 items being compared is exactly the same apart from price.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this is going to end real quick. is the author projecting the fool hearty nature of the victim and aggressor this time through the story itself? I mean foolish already but knowing the author, there should be more to this story. maybe manager gets involved?

In the previous Arc we got a translators note that said 'the next antagonist will be a challenge'. I don't quite see it yet, but maybe the plagiarist transmigrator isn't the main antagonist? Maybe Su Luxia's rival system-worker comes in to help the plagiarist, or the girl Luxia is helping turns on her or something?

We'll see.

wow tying her hair up the ceiling... was that comment not obviously a troll?

Aggregator gang
Ok, this transmigator girl is so dumb i'm not really interested in this one anymore.

Fed-Kun's army
My humor sense is so low, I laughed out loud when I saw her hair got ripped off. Like gurl, how are you a transmigrator and still have no brain?

Alright I'm just amazed at how calm she was about becoming bald???

Also, maybe the manager will be the cheating bastard? Feels like they focused on him a bit in this chapter and he seems to stand out a little more than an extra. Unless the author has some shitty man in her life that hasn't been revealed.

@ichypa someone said this before, the title "Cheating Men must die" is just a bad translation, the real one is something like "the phoenix trampled over 10000 scumbags"

Uhhh wtf does Luxia even have to do anything ?? The transmigrator is so dumb wtf

I wish that there was a clearer separation between the end of the chapter and the start of the advert asking for people to join the translation team. It's always extremely jarring because I can't immediately tell when the chapter ends so suddenly seeing an advert breaks my sense of immersion immediately. They should add a large 'End chapter' message at the end of the chapter, before the advertisement begins.

As for the chapter itself, I'm betting our protagonist will contact other plagiarised authors whose stories the plagiarist is still writing and ask them to post their endings too before the thief can, so that the trend makes the public suspicious.

Users who are viewing this thread