Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 9 Ch. 177 - A literary giant’s huge fall -- Nullifying the competition

Aggregator gang
Yey, the thief should be punished. Justice for all original authors!

Tang mengji crying abt how she couldn't have plagiarized anything 🤡 girl with your smarts you could've taught yourself to ACTUALLY write good literary works instead of stealing other peoples blood sweat and tears, now you're just getting what you deserve 🤡🤡🤡🤡

Dex-chan lover
I was wondering if she'd let the writer take over soon so she could answer his question, but I guess the reaction change would be too different.

For someone capable of remembering works enough to plagiarize perfectly, this woman sure is stupid. Most everything she's done here has been suspicious.

Huh. I wonder what they mean by people speaking in accents. I mean, living in the US, all I can think of is that people from the south will say "y'all" a lot. Other than that I can't think of any notable ways to make accents. I know that China has a way larger population than the US and has a lot of dialects, etc., so there might be a lot more variations I guess.

didnt even change the wording up a bit? i guess she never learned how to copy hw in school

ok but imagine being the og author for the book that was just being plagiarized,,, you have this cool idea that you might have written out and then you see someone write an exact copy of it at a writing competition and then you find out that was actually plagiarized? Where someone else had already written it? Lmao I would be shook

Dex-chan lover
@NineTails I don’t speak CN myself but every language has regional dialects and “accents”. Not even touching American English vs. British English, there’s also west coast American vs. midwest vs. Southern vs. etc. accents and within “west coast American accent” you would have Northwest vs. Southwest (where I’m from, which you can stereotype as the surfer-bro accent). Think of the surfer-bro accent vs. the news anchor accent (which i believe is typical of eastern Midwest America tho I’m not sure). As with accents, the written word changes by region as well, whether you are talking about speech patterns or slang/colloquial terms. 😁 even how sentences are formed can reflect regional dialect! (think of mainstream academic English vs. AAVE)

i recommend watching this video about how accents are depicted in the (English) written word: https://youtu.be/4MokDj_GeTE

The whole north-south language divide is so obvious in hindsight yet it never crossed my mind before lmao.
In Vietnamese there's this big divide between northern and southern dialects, not just the accent, maybe it's like that in Chinese
Father and mother is "bố" and "mẹ" in the North, "ba" and "má" in the South. Pig is "lợn" in the North and "heo" in the South. Fruits and dishes have different names. Insults also vary. Thus, it's quite easy to ascertain someone's hometown just looking at their written words.
Suddenly using words not from your regional lexicon is either strange (like Tang Mengji), or, if you're still young, very hilarious. My 10-year-old self once called an amona "quả na" (Northern term) instead of "quả mãng cầu" (Southern term) and got some funny looks from my central-southern family.

Users who are viewing this thread