Cheating Men Must Die

I haven't actually read it myself, but the description does state she hates cheating women as well.

Xiao wei, you do realize that your beloved Brother Youji abandoned Luxia first, yeah? This is just payback for your damsel-in-distress stupidity!! 😘

Not gonna lie, those covers are making me soooo excited for the future lives!! I especially look forward to the cultivation one!

My current opinion so far(coming from a straight man reading a josei manga) i am all for a unforgiving punisher type protagonists and the second and third "cheating bastards" definitely deserve what they got coming to them but i can't help but feel slightly bad for the first one cause he didn't seem "evil" per say. he was a emperor who possesses a harem which at that time was a normal thing to have so you can't really blame him for just having other women. and he treated the protagonist badly because he was manipulated by the other woman(can't remember her name) so it just feels like he was just way too gullible not that he was a "cheating bastard" like the other ones

Makes you wonder if the ruined girls in the first arc and this third arc won't summon their own cosmic isekai officer to replace them and take revenge on the girl who turned into a smug know it all with jedi charisma out of nowhere. Also shouldn't guys have one of those too? Sure, this vampire hunter girl is dumb, but when everything comes crashing down, odds are she'll realize Su Luxia is the one behind her and her lover's misfortune.

And for that matter, shouldn't guys have those sci-fi isekai people avenging them as well? Can't feel like it's fair. From the point of view of an outsider, it looks like an alien toying with people, or like how a modern person would toy with animals.

At least she isn’t as bad as the other antagonists in the past lives. It’s just she believes everything was destined for her. At least she isn’t greedy and only cares about who she loves (except that was the mc’s lover), give her cudoos to that at least

@ jessiej Read the description and you'll see that they talk about cheating women as well, and when you read you'll see that all the cheaters are treated badly and yes women as well, it's just that a title "cheaters must d*e" wouldn't really catch anyone's attention and it's so lame, while putting men or women both would've been wonderful, and no it isn't hating on men, there are wonderful people in it as well, like we say don't judge a book by its cover, you didn't even read the description and you dare have an opinion on it? That's just out of this world man. At least see if the resume is to your taste or not, I mean I've seen many people talking about cheating women and I never said "Yo there are cheating men as well!" no. I just listen or read and say that yeah it's bad, everyone talks about their experiences, if you were cheated on by men you'd talk about them, and here the MC are straith girls who got cheated on, and the bastards and bitches both had their share of punishment, but you could've known all that if you at least read the first story instead of judging without knowing a thing.

@jessiej

Imagine being butthurt from the title. We dont really care about the title, we just want a good ol revenge story and we're here because of that. Gtfo here with your clunky brains

The 1st arc palace was the girl needed to survive and wanted revenge because of transmigration. Understandable.

2nd arc showbiz, the girl didnt know. She set the bastard aside when she found out.

So far.. Really.. This Wei girl is really... stupid and evil as well. Of course, this manhwa plays on tropes and I still enjoy this manga regardless. You dont really enjoy it for deep lore hahah

@Sevens Since you dont seem to be able to understand, let me spell it out for you. The title is sexist. Its offensive the same way as if someone wrote "all women must die" or "all blacks must die" or "all whites must die". If you think there is nothing wrong with any of those statements then there is something wrong with you and if you think one is wrong but not all, then you are hypocrite.

Dex-chan lover
@jessiej
this is objectively wrong, though?

the title is specifically (at least as translated) 'CHEATING' men must die. It's not the 'men' part you're supposed to focus on, it's the 'cheating'. Especially since she clearly fucks over everyone who's involved in the betrayal.

if you're having trouble not reducing this to a strawman, maybe this isn't the read for you. if you're actually asking about whether or not this is a sexist series, I'd have to say 'no, not any more than the particular social convention it's written within'

@nobaka Yes, thats what i asked, you could just read the original comment that Sevens lost his mind over. If you read my original comment youll see i noted the title should have been "Cheaters must die" unless the manga is sexist and its a woman going after only men while ignoring cheating women. I have 0 interest in reading sexist content if that were the case.

Let me remake the example for you."Cheating women must die", "Cheating blacks must die", "Cheating whites must die". In any case you are targeting a group based on sex or skin color and its not right. If the intended meaning by the author is "i dont like cheaters, they should all die" then what is the point of mentioning men?

This entire thing is blown way out of proportion for a simple question. But with how the internet is, if you dont specify enough, people lose their mind, if you specify fully and try to be clear, they lose their mind, some nut case is always going to throw a fit. Its not a complicated issue or question and in either case im done.

Dex-chan lover
@jessiej

ah i see your gripe now. the problem with your issue is, the women are not the ones cheating. the men are. that's why it's 'cheating MEN must die'. The 'other woman' is fucking over the original character, but since they're not in a relationship, they're not betraying anyone they have a relationship with, while the men are.

also, your 'add a gender/class/race to the title' is a fallacy because that's literally not what the series is about. It's specifically about men who betray women, and the women they betray them for. the title isn't targeting men because they're men, the title is targeting men because that's the content. adding an additional qualifier serves literally no purpose.

@CardiBSlays
You mean to say that she's worse, right? I mean the other women had brains. The first one died well and the second one understood her mistake and left him, while this one doesn't care neither about her brother's safety nor about all of humanity's safety and you dare say that she's better? She's the worst and a bitch at it, she stole someone else's fiancee and says that it's okay since she loves him, you fucking kidding me, right?
She's a stupid ass bitch and that's the truth.
Also the fact that she thinks she's entitled to everything is truly annoying, I would love for her to suffer and be tortured even more then our main character when she was betrayed by her lover.

Contributor
I do wish a bloody end for the enemies of the protagonist.

@CardiBSlays
Actually, that makes her the worst type. Spoiled princess who believes everything is destined for her, and is willing to kill should that not be the case.

@nobaka Ive not read any of this story so i dont know anything about its content other then name and description. The title could be "Cheating women must die" and my reaction would be the same.

From my understanding, The main character is a woman who hates men that cheat, not cheaters in general, she has no problem with women that cheat, she just uses cheating as an excuse to kill men because she doesnt like them. regardless, if thats the content i have no interest reading this story unless shes not targeting a specific sex.

Dex-chan lover
@jessiej
she's not killing random men who have cheated

She literally enters and takes over the body of a woman who is about to die/kill herself after being betrayed ('cheated on') in any number of ways by a particular man. it's literally her profession. Her goal is to reverse the woman's fate, and the interesting part of the stories is how she does this. Once she DOES get vengeance and the life of the woman is safe, she either leaves the body or sticks around and continues to live the life (her choice). She's DEFINITELY not 'targeting' a specific sex. She's targeting only specific individuals, namely the betrayer, a man (since we haven't seen any gay vessels or male vessels) and a woman (someone who has in somehow led to the man betraying the vessel). The fact that they are men or women is (so far, at least) beside the point. I'm sort of wondering if she's going to enter a man who's been betrayed at some point.

I'd recommend at least TRYING it and then dropping it if you don't like it. Give it like, 4-5 chapters (not including the prologue, that's like a teaser trailer and is not really content) before you decide to drop it.

Is she really letting him chose?
That's weird for Su Luxia, I wonder what she's really thinking, maybe either way won't do much to her ? After all she bought that VIP thing, but for the hundred years of sleep, will she truly take care of him all the time? If so I'd rather have the second option, but I don't want her to sacrifice herself again, but at the same time him being human is great isn't it? Also hi. Dying normally of old age and them being in a blood pact may be her reason for going out of that world to another one? Fake her death like with the other worlds?

@MinGenius
She knows that his own pride as a vampire won't let him become a human. She just wants him to reject the vampire hunter's little sister in front of everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread