Cheeky Brat - Vol. 21 Ch. 123

Wow...the author really doesn't know what to do with these characters, huh? Not one person isn't being a-holey.

@Whatever2014 not that you're not absolutely right about Machida messing up, but by that logic Naruse should also know what she truly means by now? Especially since she didn't know he was helping her. And since her "crime" was that she was.... talking?? To someone she regularly interacts with?? By virtue of her responsibilities??

They're both majorly at fault here primarily for just refusing to communicate, lmao you'd think they'd have that down in four years (they would, this is just really bad writing). If after so long they still can't trust and still can't communicate even the little bit this situation needs to be solved, then they might as well end things. It's just plain unhealthy and so taxing to keep going around in circles.

Meanwhile Hakamada should have just called Naruse when she obviously meant to call Naruse. Definitely go check up on her but at least keep the intended party of the call informed? At least via text? And maybe not take advantage of an emotionally charged drunk who had no intention ever to call you?

And ex gf still holding a torch from middle school...needs a little more self love/respect than that. Especially for a relationship that wasn't very long or intense. Especially if the ex is pre story Naruse, there are definitely more fish in the sea to befriend and maybe even date, even given her circumstances.

If this is the best that can be written for them, maybe the story itself should end too.

@Chrondoz well i kinda get it. if it weren't for this drama what else...is there. the ending would be right around the corner lol

I hope both of them (Naruse and Yuki) will take a break for themselves. They need to mature first. They need to know their faults, accepting their own flaws and realizing the sacrifices that they did for each other.

Dex-chan lover
@hitsuzenwatcher
> And since her "crime" was that she was.... talking?? To someone she regularly interacts with?? By virtue of her responsibilities??

Yuki and Hakamada have done a lot more than just "talking" (hugging, kissed at least once), but Naruse has (begrudgingly) tolerated it, exactly because of her responsibilities. But when Naruse hugs his ex once and Yuki flips out? Lets also not forget Hakamada is still in love with Yuki, and hasn't been able to move on because of their constant interaction that you seem to see as simply between a club manager and a basketball player.
Everyone's shitty at communicating and they're all being assholes here, but I think this time Naruse has a reason behind being an asshole after dealing with this shit for so long.

Dex-chan lover
Fucking idiotic drama after YEARS, after 120+ chapters. That not what i signed on. After 3 years in fight bcs of fucking stupid female friend who cant shut her mouth or at least ask Naruse before gossiping. Omg im furios from reading this bullshit.
She is so fucking insecure that even after 3 years she gave him 0 credit even though he didnt gave her even 1 reson to doubt him. All she is doing - doubt herself - and now - we've got this shit. And the worst of all - this Hakamada idiotic character who pisses me off - Naruse shouldve beat his ass long time ago, but nooooo bunnies and unicorns, they all soooooo forgiven when it comes to him, but not so much - when it comes to THEM. OMG
@whatever2014 agree

Seriously do we need this kind of drama? Just break up and let machida get together with hakamada instead. Naruse can date me, yesss lol

@jengosupa: those incidents were in the past, and they've discussed them and moved on? Or at least they, the author and us all were supposed to have, instead of this still being the issue driving the plot 100+ chapters in.

Similarly to Naruse's case, it's not like Machida is actively seeking Hakamada out. All (both?) new incidents literally happened during club time.

Naruse "begrudgingly tolerat[ing]" the previous incidents makes it sound like Machida evilly and willingly kept Hakamada as a hug-and-smooch mistress. She's not responsible for however anyone else feels, nor what anyone forces on her. She's also not responsible for him moving on. Just like Naruse isn't responsible for the ex gf's feelings towards him or what she does about it.

Again, not that Machida also isn't being remarkably stupid, borderline manipulative and insecure as heck either (as I mentioned earlier). They're both in badly timed situations made sooo much worse by alarmingly limited trust and practically no communication. It's just weird that people are taking sides when it's the writing that is ruining literally everyone involved.

Dex-chan lover
How far are the raws, exactly?

Also, a lot of you commenting, I feel like none of you have had a relationship or one that lasted longer than a month lol.

The way this has gone seems fairly realistic in that both sides are idiots that are letting things get worse because both are being stubborn or uncommunicative. Yes, Naruse is at fault too

@ok_nina yeah that makes sense but it just feels like poor writing to me. I wouldn’t mind it as much if the drama was interesting and not just some misunderstandings.

Bruh really, what's important in a relationship is communications. Both Naruse and Yuki didn't point it exactly what's going on and talk about it properly and they just jump to a conclusion. Yeah, the conclusion without communications was hella dangerous at a time like that.

When you're in a relationship you gotta say it, whether you like it or not. That's what they need to understand, and I hope they'll be able to talk about it properly this time and be mature.

why couldn’t hakamada just call naruse about yukis situation in this chapter that way naruse could be the one to take care of yuki and hear her thoughts about their whole fight as a whole ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh. this is gonna result in yet another misunderstanding 😭😭😭

Ok, if they sleep together then I’m out. It’s not that kind of manga right, rigggght???!!! (I’ve been deeply scarred by accidentally reading an NTR when I didn’t know what that was at the time. Never again.)

I guess I'm the only one here who saw this exact fight and events happen multiple times a year for four years of college. You all keep saying that this is stupid repetitive drama, but that's exactly how some relationships/people are. Y'all forget that we're dealing with a 19 and 20 year old.

There is a reason why the designated driver collected all of the cell phones at the start of the night.

Dex-chan lover
@hitsuzenwatcher
The reason i wrote “begrudgingly tolerat(ing)” is because Naruse had the sense to understand that they have no choice but to talk to each other because of club. He has already asked Yuki to avoid being alone with him and to try not to get along with him (if I’m remembering right), which seems to be happening anyway.
All the comments are talking about miscommunication and Yuki’s insecurities but no one has mentioned Naruse’s own insecurities regarding her relationship with Hakamada because, like you said, the author wants us to believe that they’ve made up from those past incidents.
Frankly, when it comes to writing about insecurities this author might have mastered it because that’s all this manga is..
The writing is ruining everything because it won’t allow plot points to try to lessen insecurities on both sides, such as having Yuki avoid Hakamada or having Naruse call Yuki when Sunohara is crying so they can help her together.
I don’t know man I guess I just found it aggravating seeing people saying Naruse went too far when Yuki’s already made a list of this shit and I ended up taking Naruse’s side

Users who are viewing this thread