Chi no Wadachi - Vol. 11 Ch. 91 - It's All My...

Fed-Kun's army
Anyone else cringe when the MC kissed his mom?

Also, I am not sure about the direction of the last couple of chapters. I feels like the other 99% of this story didn't really set this up well. Even though I, like many people, theorized that it was really the MC that pushed him. Something about about the execution doesn't sit right.

Dex-chan lover
Can't wait for the twist that the hat he was wearing on that day actually brainwashed him.

Dex-chan lover
Another plot twist coming is the cousin who somehow brainwash gaslight mother and son

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I think this is still kind of brilliant. The themes of the manga are clear: self-hate and mental illness in the face of societal pressure due to Japanese cultural norms.

Ultimately I do believe that the mom snapped and pushed the cousin, but it was due to an Ouroboros of her post-partum depression (which can last for years) and how ostracized she felt from her family. She was clearly not mentally well for a while, but that was ignored by everyone around her--including her husband--so as to not rock the boat. Only her son saw, but he doesn't have the maturity or understanding to actually view his mother as she really is. Not a goddess. Or a hag. But just a person in pain who caused more pain.

But this manga is Seiichi's story and how he rectifies the realization that his mentally ill mother hated herself and him. Right now we're moving through the stages of grief with him. I just hope that the manga goes on long enough to leave Seiichi with an inkling of healing.

Aggregator gang
@CosmicWitch I completely agree. Seeing this chapter play out, I can see that Seiichi saying he was responsible is him putting the blame on himself and making his mom the victim. I wonder where this will go in future chapters.

Aggregator gang
This shit got more wild, somehow. Can't wait until he snaps out of this trance.

@CosmicWitch agreed. While the overall story is understandable, the slow releases and mind fuckery can be frustrating to watch. As readers we know Seiichi didnt do shit and he is gaslighting himself, is cringy to watch but it is what it is.

Oh you forgot something though: The mom was already messed up even before she had Seiichi. Idk if you remember but she takes Seiichi to the same place she tried to kill him at when he was a toddler, and she confesses she used to go there in... I think middle school?? To look at the town and feel disgusted at the idea of people leading normal lives. I think she was depressed from way before and having Seiichi just made it worse. Or she was always a psycho. Either way is clear her issues had been there before Seiichi existed.

Dex-chan lover
@A-tan Great point! Ultimately I don't mind the slow burn. It seems like the author wants the audience to marinate in the madness of both Seiichi and his mother and their relationship. It's toxic and frustrating but that's the point. That's the story. This isn't a mystery, it's a tragedy.

Users who are viewing this thread