Chi no Wadachi - Vol. 16 Ch. 138 - One More Time

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly this arc is really well written. One of the most difficult things you have to do when you grow up is accept your parents were just like you when they were younger, with all their fuck ups and problems, they probably seemed like they knew what they were doing while you were going but they were struggling as well. This arc encompasses that feeling flawlessly.

Dex-chan lover
Previous chapter had the story telled by mom viewpoint. From this point forward it's back to MC viewpoint.

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly this arc is really well written. One of the most difficult things you have to do when you grow up is accept your parents were just like you when they were younger, with all their fuck ups and problems, they probably seemed like they knew what they were doing while you were going but they were struggling as well. This arc encompasses that feeling flawlessly.
Way too true homie. It sucks how we have to reconcile all the pain inflicted on us as children and then take on the role of the parent for our parents. Really sad and also really annoying when they try their hardest to convince themselves they're still the adult in the situation. Maaaaaan parents suck a lot of the time after the past few generations we all have had to deal with

Dex-chan lover
You both can start over again as a family. It's not too late, right? 😭

After 20 years of loneliness, emptiness, remorse and lack of love, I think this is the best thing for Sei. It is better for him to find a little happiness than killing her mother or committing suicide. No matter how much I look at Sei, I can't see him as an adult. To me, he still seems like an innocent child who wants love desperately. The page where he started to smile made me emotional.

It seems like we will start reading a happy arc finally, maybe the last arc?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
After 20 years of loneliness, emptiness, remorse and lack of love, I think this is the best thing for Sei. It is better for him to find a little happiness than killing her mother or committing suicide. No matter how much I look at Sei, I can't see him as an adult. To me, he still seems like an innocent child who wants love desperately. The page where he started to smile made me emotional.

It seems like we will start reading a happy arc at finally, maybe the last arc?
Definitely feels like a final arc, IMO

Dex-chan lover
…two people so broken that they give up and just exist?
“I had a lot of problems. That’s why I tried to kill you, gaslit you for years as I tried to get away with attempted murder, leaving you so damaged that you went into a dissociative state and committed murder, then I abandoned you so you took the fall for the attempted murder as well as the actual one. But I wasn’t loved and had clinical depression, so that makes it ok, right?”
…NO!
This is worse than my parents saying “my parents were worse, so nothing I’ve done is wrong, therefore none of your diagnosed psychological trauma is our fault. Move out of our house as soon as possible. Stop being trans. We love you, even though you didn’t do all the tricks we tried to train you to do. We won’t contact you ever again”
I’m absolutely BLESSED in comparison. (TBH it all led me to a life I had only dreamed of when I was young, so I actually do count it as a blessing. They’re still horrible people, though.)

Dex-chan lover

It seems like we will start reading a happy arc finally, maybe the last arc?
When “abusive mother who ruined her son’s entire life forgives said mother because she was depressed and neglected” is the happy arc, you know you’re reading something by this author.

Happiest thing he’s put out is, fittingly, “Happiness”.
It’s so over-the-top with torment that it when you get to its ending it feels like “happily ever after”. It’s not, but it felt that way.

Users who are viewing this thread