Chi no Wadachi - Vol. 16 Ch. 139 - The Storm Passes

Dex-chan lover
It may not apply to everyone, but despite all the fucked up things a parent might have done to you, its always possible to find a way to forgive them.

It's still fucked up she completely fucked her nephew's future. While it wasn't without "punishment", is this life that she's found herself in a punishment itself?

Dex-chan lover
This might be one of my favorite chapters from this series. If this were the final chapter I wouldn't complain. Oshimi is such a master on creating the right mood.

Dex-chan lover
Can this end now, getting vibes like before where we had another perfect ending setup and then everything went to hell

Dex-chan lover
An then everyone clapped lmao

This is narcissist's wet dream tbh. Do all the damage you want, then receive forgiveness. At least poor Seiichi got his closuregot his closure. Now all he's gotta do is pay her rent until she goes belly-up.
"Thank you"?
I was expecting an "I'm sorry".
Whatever.
In her mind she didn't do anything wrong. Why would she apologize?

Dex-chan lover
It bothers me how healing this chapter feels. I'm not used to it when it comes to this author specially when I read that we're just in the middle of this manga and not near the ending.

Fed-Kun's army
imagine just how much better the mother's mental health would have been if the father wasn't such a dense idiot. imagine if he stood up for the mom every time the aunt was being a fucking bitch, or comforting her when the mother felt lost and alone. if the father could have helped been emotionally supportive or mentally present, she could have been this warm and caring to Seiichi. to all you reading this, don't be a father unless you can take some goddamn responsibility. true villain of the story, RIPBOZO you will not be missed

Dex-chan lover
I love this chapter i wish it'd end this chapter though, since there's no reason to continue it or maybe the author have some drama or something again next chapter

Dex-chan lover
imagine just how much better the mother's mental health would have been if the father wasn't such a dense idiot. imagine if he stood up for the mom every time the aunt was being a fucking bitch, or comforting her when the mother felt lost and alone. if the father could have helped been emotionally supportive or mentally present, she could have been this warm and caring to Seiichi. to all you reading this, don't be a father unless you can take some goddamn responsibility. true villain of the story, RIPBOZO you will not be missed
I agree, but I don't blame the father that much. I don't believe he intentionally ignored his family's problems at the time, he clearly liked his family, he was probably just unaware of the depth of the situation his wife and son were in.

But yeah, if he were more perceptive and made himself more present in their lives, things could've been different.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I agree, but I don't blame the father that much. I don't believe it was intentional to ignore his family's problems at the time, he clearly liked his family, he was probably just unaware of the depth of the situation his wife and son were in.

But yeah, if he was perceptive and made himself more present in their lives, things could've been different.
I think he was dense in the way that he didn't notice how much his sister was bullying his wife. By the time stuff starts going out of control before the time-skip, it's pretty clear that he grew up sheltered and had no real experience around anyone with mental illness. I'm not surprised that he really couldn't do anything for his wife or Seiichi, though you could tell he was really trying to hold shit together. Guy passed with a lot of loose ends, and I feel bad for him in that way.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know why but I see it differently. Of all people, only Ichiro's sister could see Seiko's true self (refer to the past arc). She knew that Seiko felt distant. Thus, now I realized that her actions might be an attempt to make Seiko feel involved in their family. So that Seiko wouldn't feel alone. Maybe she didn't mean to bully Seiko or something.

Users who are viewing this thread