Chihayafuru - Vol. 43 Ch. 221

How will arata overcome this?
The meijin looks pretty OP when Kyouko's the reader.
My prediction still the same. Arata will win but chihaya will lose. Also chihaya's going to pick taichi over arata. I know this prediction might look fking random but i dont fking care.

Dex-chan lover
Yup, Arata is fucked. It seems during the 1st bout, Sou didn't care about things that much. It wouldn't be surprising if he's willing to decide a round if he doesn't feel that it worths it.

I think Arata and Chihaya will win both their matches and get together and that seems like a good point to end the story, and maybe 1 epiloque chapter that shows Chihaya as a the mizusawa coach taking them to the nationals.

Fed-Kun's army
Wow! I can’t believe chihaya used that kind of tactic!
This is getting exciting!🤩

Dex-chan lover
chihaya and arata are both so obviously in love with each other
when are they going to get together already?

I don't know why at this point the author still insists on maintaining this suspense among the 3. Taichi, the young man who struggled forever to be by the protagonist's side. Played Karuta all this time to stay close to her and be recognized by her.

Arata, the boy who only wanted to know about Karuta all his life, living in his grandfather's shadows, turned away from everyone, acts proudly, made a confession and got Chihaya's attention.

At that point I just want to know who Meijin and Queen will be.

Contributor
After seeing the colored illustration, I miss Taichi's longer hair more than ever. :/

If it does become Arata x Chihaya, I'll always have Chihayafuru's early anime seasons to comfort my #TeamTaichi soul. :S

Dex-chan lover
I really don't like how Arata's character development is about becoming a copy of his grandfather. That's not true character development.

At this point I want Suo to win. He's a better, more rounded character. He has more depth than Arata as a character.

Fed-Kun's army
Like I was saying in the previous chapter, I'm going to be so sad anyway this goes wow, I'm going to cry so much haha.
And still think both Suou and Shinobu deserve to win at least because of all the old assholes in the Karuta organization who are very prejudiced against them just because of their personality, while they both love Karuta so so much. Chihaya and Arata still need to grow (indeed very happy with the dad realizing the grandpa had too much influence on Arata, I do hope this will lead to Arata's play style changing later), for/by themselves as well as together now that Arata is supposed to be living in Tokyo too. And they can win next time.

Especially I think Suou should be able to retire but only after beating those jerks' favorite (again even though I love Arata), witnessed by his family, maybe also retire only temporary while something can be done about his eyesight or find a way to play even without it.

Anyway I don't want this manga to end too soon either, and definitely not in an unsatisfying way. I want to see Shinobu's plan working and see her lead them into professional Karuta and getting all her fav mascots in a sponsor agreement. Kana working on both becoming a reader and helping her family business thanks to Karuta. Mashima finally now he is finding his own love for Karuta should be using his good grades studying finances and be part of that building a pro federation, perhaps even helping Suou about playing with a handicap? and/or becoming a Karuta teacher. Arata and Chihaya becoming real Karuta icons making all kind of kids want to play, and maybe working together to create a pro teams tournament. Chihaya and Shinobu, and Arata and Mashima could still be eternal rivals too, etc etc. Is all that too much to ask? ^^"
Unfortunately I'm understanding the mangaka wants to end it just after this, so maybe Chihaya might win (but help Shinobu with her ideas, so that it's not in vain, and Shinobu will be a challenger next time), and Arata would loose (we'd learn that he'll probably win next time, against Mashima?) but now that Chihaya is the new Queen she can answer him about his confession (the manga can end relatively satisfyingly with both plots done?). I'm just hoping it won't end in a "we still have a long way to go and we're still young and the world of Karuta is changing, let's believe in the future" blabla bla no answer whatsoever about anything ending, in addition to be sad it's finished it would be super frustrating, please Suetsugu Yuki don't do that have mercy.

@Georg-Prime
Suou meijin is in bad potition in his life, he want to continue with karuta to impress his aunt, but in other hand he pretty much dont care about karuta, thats why majority of karuta society dont want him to reign as meijin (more over become eternal meijin) like someone who doenst love karuta, doesnt deserve the title of meijin

Fed-Kun's army
@NichiYouji_
I disagree, I think he loves Karuta but can't allow himself to admit it, and he prefers pretending he doesn't care, all because of his illness. It's not something small loosing sight in such an activity, he already has a hard time seeing with cards that are on the sides, and it could become worse sooner than later. To keep trying to play like nothing is wrong would probably hurt so bad if suddenly in a middle of a match he can't see anymore.
As for the organization people, they hate him because he lloks more like a NEET than a "proper adult" in their bigots views. He doesn't act like a classy manly/traditional man like they think the Meijin should be. He loves sweets - not something a man should like, weird macho Japanese society's opinion, he's in his late 20s and still is a student - shameful in their opinion, he speaks weird etc etc. Basically imo, they would still hate him and want for someone else to be the Meijin even if he shown more love/interest for Karuta.

@chusetto

Me too! I'm too hung up on karuta to care about romance lol. Please, please, please, just win one Chihaya! You worked so hard. I mean everyone did, but you're the main character and that's all you're good at haha so I'm rooting for you!

Dex-chan lover
Suou meijin is in bad potition in his life, he want to continue with karuta to impress his aunt, but in other hand he pretty much dont care about karuta, thats why majority of karuta society dont want him to reign as meijin (more over become eternal meijin) like someone who doenst love karuta, doesnt deserve the title of meijin

He already became an eternal meijin last year. He was going to retire right as he became eternal meijin, then Arata convinced him to stay and fight him.

Users who are viewing this thread