Chiisai Boku no Haru - Vol. 3 Ch. 29 - 7 Years Later

Dex-chan lover
what an absolutely fucking disappointing ending. i already knew a lot of authors have an allergy against giving their series proper closure, but this is still an especially shitty case. not gonna touch any other works from this author after this letdown.

Dex-chan lover
Tough spot for a manga to be in when you're going to be compared against Haikyuu for short volleyball players and Dangers in my heart for short dude tall girl romcoms. Couldnt get their bearings in time before the axe while feeling a bit disjointed and directionless the whole time. Hopefully their next manga is better cause the art was kinda charming at least

Dex-chan lover
While I do like the manga, it was a pretty lackluster ending. I remember halfway through its run, the author had health related problems & the manga had to be transferred away from Shounen Sunday so I believe that it suffered because of it. I hope Atsumi sensei takes this as a learning lesson & comeback with a different manga that will last a bit longer. Thanks for translating this to completion @sorajomi.

Group Leader
What an Axe this was huh.... so much pottential but I guess it had problems from the begining...

not sure what happened to have that long hiatus but... well it is what it is... so sasd... I wish we saw this developed.... 7 years timeskip... just sadness...

Dex-chan lover
Unfortunately, I believe this manga had a lot of potential that ultimately went unfulfilled. Personally, I was hoping for a deeper exploration of Souta and Asahi's relationship, which I found to be the most compelling aspect of the story. Instead, the story focused heavily on volleyball, which, while interesting, left the development of their relationship somewhat neglected. The ending was okay, but it felt like we were deprived of many important moments, especially the beginnings of their relationship.

Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks to Mahou Shounen Sora Scans for bringing this to us up until the very last chapter.

It was good and interesting when it was but a few things happened especially the author's sudden medical hiatus, that the supposed good momentum the series is making, suddenly stopped and never recovered. Too bad, this manga started when the BokuYaba anime adap was announced and aired but it failed to capitalize on that small king + tall queen couple theme. (it might have helped as it opened people's mind to the concept more). Souta as a MMC was also developing well and has always been one to drive the series but I suppose it was Asahi up next to show her development, but unfortunately it got axed.

Anyway, as far as axed works go, the ending is pretty decent and somehow satisfying. Hoping Atsumi Takeru will be able to make another interesting one next.

Aggregator gang
That's it? Kinda left with little disappointment. Good start with abrupt end.

Users who are viewing this thread