Chiisai Boku no Haru - Vol. 3 Ch. 29 - 7 Years Later

Supporter
Really? That's it? We are really ending it here? Oh well, has been nice while it lasted anyways (even if that ending was rushed)
The axe kinda came outta nowhere, given the early hype. The hiatus didn't help, but there was clearly a plan in place, even if we didn't get to see it.

Dex-chan lover
For all of the people bitching in the comments go read Blue Box. Its the perfect little sports rom-com with all of your favorite little cliches written extremely well. This story however was always just something light and fun and didn't ever take itself too seriously.

But even then sports and romance are the backbone that keeps these two together.
What a weird thing to type. People are "bitching" (more like rightfully criticizing) this manga as a whole since it is FINISHED, lmao. That is what you do when talking about a work that just ended.

The romance fell flat (as a whole, not only timeskip) and the comedy was incredibly weak. Pile on the sports being watered down to an extreme level (whole tournaments were skipped in one bubble) and peeps have every right to even "bitch" about it (which wasn't really the case, this comment section is pretty civil and many talk about good things, too). I myself really enjoyed the artwork and what this COULD'VE been.

Remember that the author was very sick, unable to draw for almost a year. I'm sure this affected the manga a lot. Authors usually rush to go back to work even when they are not in full health due to editorial pressure and fear of not being published again.
Mostly agree with you but as for being sick as an excuse I disagree on to some extent. The work was insanely inconsistent from chapter 2/3 onwards already. If the author was sick from the very start, my bad, I didn't type anything, lol.
If not, then they really could use some help and training for future works. In the beginning it just was a massive pile of low effort tangled nothing in the worst way possible.

Finally, I liked this later on even if I thought I wouldn't. It was able to stop free falling and went for one wacky but consistent style and even the timeskip ending was done in a well enough way, which sadly is not the case too often.
Author clearly seems ready to improve and I wish them the best!

Dex-chan lover
I've been given the bare minimum closure and it's not enough

Dex-chan lover
What a weird thing to type. People are "bitching" (more like rightfully criticizing) this manga as a whole since it is FINISHED, lmao. That is what you do when talking about a work that just ended.

The romance fell flat (as a whole, not only timeskip) and the comedy was incredibly weak. Pile on the sports being watered down to an extreme level (whole tournaments were skipped in one bubble) and peeps have every right to even "bitch" about it (which wasn't really the case, this comment section is pretty civil and many talk about good things, too). I myself really enjoyed the artwork and what this COULD'VE been.
"Bitching" might have come off to strong but I can't think of a better word when so many of people's criticisms are wrapped up in what "COULD have been" instead of analyzing what they already have, while it was happening. I'm not saying they don't have a right to complain, I'm saying that a lot of these complaints are dog water. Complaints that this narrative couldn't make up its mind but comparing it to series that its not even trying to emulate. Not having the cliches that they want.

I'm glad that this wasn't some hyper serious sports story or some sappy romance. Anyone can disagree but to base that on what anyone WANTS to happen isn't good criticism.

Mangakas and the traditional 'we are together but we are not' ending.
C' mon, man! You can't even give us a kiss?
No wonder the birth rate in Japan is so low. Is that it? This is the idea of romance that the author has, ending with just holding hands. Depressing...

Dex-chan lover
It’s a shame. If the author didn’t get sick and go on hiatus I really do believe this would’ve been a hit. That hiatus then move to web hurt the momentum and sales. The axe hurts but I’ll be looking forward to their next work for sure.

Thanks to the group for the hard work throughout the series and sticking with it. Thank you.

Dex-chan lover
yeah, the moment the manga completely turned away from romance and the female lead, I did not see much future, so it makes sense it was axed.

Dex-chan lover

Mostly agree with you but as for being sick as an excuse I disagree on to some extent. The work was insanely inconsistent from chapter 2/3 onwards already. If the author was sick from the very start, my bad, I didn't type anything, lol.
If not, then they really could use some help and training for future works. In the beginning it just was a massive pile of low effort tangled nothing in the worst way possible.

Finally, I liked this later on even if I thought I wouldn't. It was able to stop free falling and went for one wacky but consistent style and even the timeskip ending was done in a well enough way, which sadly is not the case too often.
Author clearly seems ready to improve and I wish them the best!
This is why some one-shots...should remain one-shot. Serialization actually ruins it - Inkya de Wotaku de Binbou Dakedo Bijin Ojou-sama ni Osaretemasu also suffers from this problem - Some artists know that serializing would lead to this outcome, and so despite that one-shot becoming very popular and requests...will refuse to make a continuation.

What the heck was even that. You can at least try to make a ending when you get axed but holy hell that was shit

Users who are viewing this thread