Chiisai Boku no Haru - Vol. 3 Ch. 29 - 7 Years Later

Dex-chan lover
Considering that the previous chapter left with a cliffhanger that gave the impression she might have to stop playing......at least they are happy
The manga ended like it started: not knowing if it wanted to be a sport manga or a romance manga....it failed at being even a mix of the 2
This is barely a 6/10, possibly a 5.5....the few things that "saves" the manga IMO are the artstyle and the 2 mcs that are cute together
Thank you to the TL team for completing this work :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
And Axe-kun came for yet another victim. But to be honest, it was well deserved one. I've dropped this series months ago, but it's kinda frustrating to see, that this "bait-and-switch" kind of behavior in terms of what the story will be about is getting more and more popular.
Like, at this point it feels kinda deserved, that it was axed - baiting people with good balance of sport, SoL and romance, just to 100% switch to sport mid-point and totally forget what lured all those people to follow your story. Idk, of course there are some mangas that worked out even with this kind of "storrytelling", which most prominent example is Sono Bisque, but it's 1 out of hundreds if not thousands. Most of successful stories out there are true to what they were at the beginning and not try to switch mid-point to something different. So why are mangakas so obsessed with this kind bait-and-switch tactic? I have no idea...

Dex-chan lover
I think it should have picked if it wanted to be heavily sports or romanced based. Felt like it would lean into one for a few chapters then do a u-turn for the other all of a sudden, rather than having one main genre and the other being a supporting one. Personally volleyball is a hard one to do as haikyuu has essentially perfected that in manga form. Characters also felt a little lacklustre too. I didn’t really get a unique charm from either of the main characters and it’s important to have an identity that is easily discernible from others, and not necessarily physical features. Both main characters felt very basic.

Still, being a mangaka is a learning experience so I’m sure they’ll take away from this and be able to produce better things later down the line

Dex-chan lover
I'm sad to see this axed. It could've gone way farther. Still enjoyed it while it lasted.

Dex-chan lover
Huh. That's an End label, alright. And that sure read like a final chapter. But where's the rest of it? Feels like I've just read a book where someone's torn the second half out but left the final page which says "And they lived happily ever after. The End."

VIP
the manga felt didn't know what it try to do, and in the end felt half assed in both it's romance and sport aspect. i like the character tho, so.. 7/10.

Dex-chan lover
"Holding hands is still pretty hard." My guy, after 7 years?

Edit: Wait, he may have a point. Walking while holding hands always feels awkward to me, so I always put my arm around my partner's shoulder. Feels better on my arm and shoulder rather than holding hands and letting them hang there. I highly doubt that's why he's saying it, though.

Double-page supporter
Another one getting axed. The plot was so-so but good ending I suppose

Dex-chan lover
While I do like the manga, it was a pretty lackluster ending. I remember halfway through its run, the author had health related problems & the manga had to be transferred away from Shounen Sunday so I believe that it suffered because of it. I hope Atsumi sensei takes this as a learning lesson & comeback with a different manga that will last a bit longer. Thanks for translating this to completion @sorajomi.
yep, after the break the manga went nosedive in quality, sadly for us as it got a strong start but didn't last long

Dex-chan lover
Its... way too short for my liking. Feels like it wasnt a follow up of the last chapter. Its a good ending tho than just having them not getting together or not having a conclusion.

Group Leader
there was something going on for this manga, but like others have said circumstance completely rekt any commercial momentum it had and there goes the axe :aquadrink:

Users who are viewing this thread