Children - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - The Children

Fed-Kun's army
what a wild ride. Not a fan and was never a fan of gore, but I just felt like I had to finish this one through. Just wished some of the characters ended up getting more backstory, but in hindsight the current axe probably wouldve been better if theyre just gonna die anyway.

Dex-chan lover
This is just sad man, what hell did the author go through to be writing something like this

what a wild ride. Not a fan and was never a fan of gore, but I just felt like I had to finish this one through. Just wished some of the characters ended up getting more backstory, but in hindsight the current axe probably wouldve been better if theyre just gonna die anyway.
It's weird, I also am not a fan of this type of story,but I was absolutely compelled to finish it, and quickly.

Dex-chan lover
Well... Can't say I ever want to read that again, ending was way too rushed and MC went from brink of insanity to murderous psychopath way too quickly to make it a compelling story

Dex-chan lover
If i had a nickel for every time the plot of a short horror manga was "The MC had amnesia the whole time", id probably be able to afford a straw to suck it up.

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad it's over, what a mess.
The inconsistency with which a group of kids could murder full-grown adults with ease and even armed with a gun (how did one of them get one?) are all then conveniently picked off by the antagonists is ridiculous as is the idea that such a kill ground could operate seeming out in the open for years unimpeded.
Everything about the setting and story was contrived to maximize shock value. Anyone who laments the story's rushed (axed?) progression and ending is being very overly-generous as to what dragging out this flawed narrative could have improved. Good riddance.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Not the best manga out there, but i can feel the artist effort and ideas. In the very least it was more interesting read than 60% of other manga.

Fed-Kun's army
moral of the story is if youre a psychopath dont have kids since they might get the serial killer gene and then serial killer all over the place, and by extension dont have kids with a serial killer (unless shes cute tho)

Dex-chan lover
Feels like this was written as a shocking kids being killed manga idea first and foremost, and the story was made up as it went along. This is just a mess. Wish I could get that hour back, but at least it was only 13 chapters.

Dex-chan lover
I really don't like the MC suddenly revealed as lacking empathy since birth it is way to cheap plot.

They could make the parents are actually former staff of the orphanage and MC saw the killing as he grows up.

When he is 8 years old, they moved out to have him experience normal life and he learns how to mimic emotion.

Since they work for yakuza, their parents was silenced few years later, yakuza keep him under pretense off MC parents work over seas and send him to orphanage at 18.

Make it bit spicy, the whole village depends on the orphanage to survive, they are descendants of a tribe that used to sacrifice humans to pacify the cursed grounds.

Since the ritual was lost, they just keep killing hoping the curse won't get them but actually already manifested causing people killing others like it is normal.

I'm glad it's over, what a mess.
The inconsistency with which a group of kids could murder full-grown adults with ease and even armed with a gun (how did one of them get one?) are all then conveniently picked off by the antagonists is ridiculous as is the idea that such a kill ground could operate seeming out in the open for years unimpeded.
Everything about the setting and story was contrived to maximize shock value. Anyone who laments the story's rushed (axed?) progression and ending is being very overly-generous as to what dragging out this flawed narrative could have improved. Good riddance.
What is it with people thinking the Japanese have 0 access to firearms??? Even without the Yakuza being involved, the adults with guns are from the Hunting Association of a rural mountain village. That is quite literally like the only place civilians not only could have guns but WILL for sure have guns. Boar, deer, and bear hunting is a big part of more rural communities' income. Not everywhere in Japan is a highly industrialized metropolis??

Even that aside it's not like the kids are kidnapping and over powering adults? They've been show to be given already restrained, bound, and quite possibly drugged (judging by how disoriented some are) adults and just beat them to death. We are even shown an example where an adult breaks free and goes on a rampage and the characters remark how this has happened BEFORE and a bunch of kids DIED. Did you actually even read the same story as me???

Your criticism blow, please think before you drag your fingers across your keyboard next time. Thnx

this is in the staff picks section which is wild because it's absolutely dog shit and makes no sense with plot hole after plot hole. I guess said staff likes brainless gore, which I sometimes do as well, but if I was in the position of actually recommending to an entire site I'd go with something with actual substance.

Users who are viewing this thread