Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata: Senjou wo Kakeru Kaifuku Youin - Vol. 13 Ch. 61

Double-page supporter
Anyone who would call a healing mage lowly should try being in an active battlefield for more than five minutes...

Dex-chan lover
Is there some Japan-wide conspiracy of editors/writers that just grab random trope from a jar-o-tropes and try to integrate it into whatever they happen to be writing atm?
You mean..... other than the past couple of decades or so?

And that's discounting the practice as evidenced since...umm.. the Stone Age, judging from the earliest extant written stories, where those tropes were actually invented..

Dex-chan lover
You mean..... other than the past couple of decades or so?

And that's discounting the practice as evidenced since...umm.. the Stone Age, judging from the earliest extant written stories, where those tropes were actually invented..
I can't believe I have to explain this, but y'know, there's "using tropes" and there's "using tropes", and these are two very different things, if you catch my drift.

Dex-chan lover
This is literally the worst way to introduce romantic rival that could possibly be used in this manga, and we JUST have had an emotionally stunted adult, with a most peculiar (un)common sense AND societal development on a level of a toddler, fall for literally the first nice guy her (biological) age that happens to meet her.
Is there some Japan-wide conspiracy of editors/writers that just grab random trope from a jar-o-tropes and try to integrate it into whatever they happen to be writing atm?
She clearly knew about him before this all happened, she knew his name before they had ever spoken, and given how she's... special. There's a chance he did something before this story happened that is (probably) another trope, but she at least has reasoning behind it. First chapter, Usato is shocked she knows who he is

Dex-chan lover
Unfortunately for her, I'm not sure Usato is interested in girls of the same species.
I'm not sure Usato is interested in girls, period! :facepalm:
My favorite romance stories are when a guy and the girl get together in the first 5 chapters and then they have adventures and comedy! Behaving like normal humans, or monsters, animals? Basically like species that breed for procreation! It's just not natural to have no interest in the opposite sex! (Sometimes in the same, but I won't go there)

Contributor
Oh wow she really said these things on a whim huh. Her companion is going to make fun of her for their whole journey remaining :pepela:

On another note, I thought the best territory was on the island, no way we still have one more kingdom to go before even getting to start the "save the mother of my friend" quest :worry:
All that build-up just to assemble troops for the fight against the demon lord (yeah, they're on an errand delivering letters remember) makes it seem like the next battle (against the demons) could not only conclude that long-lasting war/rivalry but also the series...

Users who are viewing this thread