Choudokyuu Cheat Akuyaku Reijou no Karei naru Fukushuutan - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
Because Japan is a culture that is heavy on paperwork. Everything that is to be legal has to be written down and because Europe was and is still like that. There is a proper procedure for everything and only legal paperwork is accepted. Of course back in the day paperwork could be falsified but everything had an official seal on it so such a thing as seal experts existed to prevent that. Still it wasn't full proof.
That's why it's weird, why mention or keep them in the first place if it will only ruin you. The previous 2 shoujo villainess manga I read have "I have all records of all your illegal transaction", like exactly what I said. It just make the story seems too convenient and lazy/generic, at least for me.

Dex-chan lover
That's why it's weird, why mention or keep them in the first place if it will only ruin you. The previous 2 shoujo villainess manga I read have "I have all records of all your illegal transaction", like exactly what I said. It just make the story seems too convenient and lazy/generic, at least for me.
It's not just Japanese culture. Legal lawyering, land rights, the One True King stories are part of Europe as well.

Dex-chan lover
It's not just Japanese culture. Legal lawyering, land rights, the One True King stories are part of Europe as well.
And China has a belief in a "celestial bureaucracy". Death doesn't even free you from paperwork there. :D

Aggregator gang
Because that's the only way to prove anything. How do you prove anyone's misdeeds in a world with no audio or video recording and you don't even have a witness? Written proof that's all you have. That's what we use to do to prove that someone is guilty before the ability to record them became possible. Written proof,witness and tangible evidence is all that we had. Japan and Europe being a legal heavy culture, everything is agreed upon by signing on it because verbal agreement can be taken back but with written agreement people committing bad deeds can have insurance against eachother. Also there is no other way in the story to prove a crime unless it has been witnessed or written down. Objects related to the crime are also valid, although those can be planted which happens in villainess stories. People plant things on the vilainess to make her appear guilty. Paperwork is the only trope you have in a pre-modern era setting.

Double-page supporter
Is just me? Why is every shoujo villainess manga always have "paperwork" in them?
I think it's cuz they're meant to be a fantasy for the target demographic. Basically, "what if you transmigrated into a fantasy world and had magical powers AND this thing you already know how to do (paperwork) was super useful."

Same deal with "I got fired from the guild/party" shoujo stories. A lot of them have protags with OP magic powers AND what are essentially office skills.

Users who are viewing this thread