Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu!

This manga is still ongoing?! Damn.....I was still in 9th grade when this started

Dex-chan lover
I was in kindergarten when Detective Conan started and I now have a college bachelors degree that I got a few years ago, I don't believe that this one will be that long.

... I hope they actually finish DC some day

So in chapter 34(?) they mention the haber-bosch (which makes ammonia) method in ammunition production, so I thought they were using black powder, which shouldn't have enough power to reach the tops of the ramparts in the castle siege. So I did some digging.

Turns out, they weren't making black powder, but an earlier version of smokeless powder called Dunnite, which is made using ammonia as an ingredient. This explains the power of the ammunition. Dunnite was also widely used during World War I.

They still aren't using nitrocellulose double base smokeless powder though. But Dunnite should have enough kick to reach far and cycle automatic weapons (if they are ever introduced).

Also, triple base powder artillery and drumfire when?

Dex-chan lover
@Scones
Turns out, they weren't making black powder, but an earlier version of smokeless powder called Dunnite, which is made using ammonia as an ingredient. This explains the power of the ammunition. Dunnite was also widely used during World War I.

Smokeless powder is actually older than Dunnite (by about a decade or two) and, AFAIK, has never been used as a propellent, but as an explosive filler, in ammunition. From what I recall, it quickly got dropped because it was neither as insensitive as TNT nor as useful as filler as other compounds.

They still aren't using nitrocellulose double base smokeless powder though. But Dunnite should have enough kick to reach far and cycle automatic weapons (if they are ever introduced).

Don't need it. Black powder has plenty of power to cycle weapons. Don't forget that Hiram Maxim began work on this machine gun before smokeless powder was even invented. Sure, the Maxim machine gun benefited greatly from switching over and using smokeless powder, but it wasn't actually necessary in order for the gun to function. Even modern firearms can function with black powder. Hickok45 made a video where he shot his Glock (21?) with black powder (okay, modern black powder substitute, ironically enough with arsenal grade legit black powder of the day probably would have functioned even better). IIRC, the gun ran fine initially until ridiculous levels of fouling (like, orders of magnitude even above shooting blanks or an over-gassed SBR with a can). You can get away with it, the only question is for how long. And, of course, you're not going to be seeing much and you'll be hacking up a lung from the absurd amount of smoke you're going to generate in a very, very short span of time.

@definitionofinsanity
(I don't know how to quote so I'll copy and paste)

"Smokeless powder is actually older than Dunnite (by about a decade or two) and, AFAIK, has never been used as a propellent, but as an explosive filler, in ammunition. From what I recall, it quickly got dropped because it was neither as insensitive as TNT nor as useful as filler as other compounds"

I didn't know that, the sources I did read earlier on did say that smokeless powder was made earlier but its advantages weren't made apparent yet, I learned something today.

I also didn't know black powder had enough power to cycle weapons. I based that off of how muskets worked and forgot to factor in accuracy. That bit about the Maxim gun was something else I didn't know. I'll admit my ignorance and thanks for teaching me stuff. I still think they aren't using black powder though, because when they shot their guns, the signature smoke cloud didn't appear. Though this may just be an oversight on the artists or writers part

Dex-chan lover
This comes off as Japan numbah wan circle jerk but I stayed for the big titties and fanservice.

Fed-Kun's army
@Serakym

f0MtAwq.png

Dex-chan lover
danganronpa tier character get stranded in Isekai

this the best desc i can give to this manga

Contributor
http://choyoyu.com/ Aw shit, here we go. I was just starting to read this. Guess I'll wait till after the anime airs this year.

Dex-chan lover
This is already a fantasy world before going to fantasy world!
Eh.. let's read some more, might explain the MD rating...

Users who are viewing this thread