Choukadou Girl ⅙

Dex-chan lover
Subaru is a reference to two SNK characters. The first is Sakazaki Yuri, daughter of Sakazaki Takuma (the original Mr. Karate, final boss of Art of Fighting). Takuma wears a tengu mask and largely turned into a comic relief character in KoF. The second is Todo Kasumi, the heir to Todohryu Aikijitsu who spends most of her time in the games looking for her dad. Subaru shares Yuri's background and personality but Kasumi's style of fighting and clothes. The weird hitboxes thing is a reference to Yuru's condition in early KoF games. Her background story says that Takuma only taught her basic Kokugenryu Karate style (meaning she doesn't have Ryo's special moves), so the game devs accidentally made her basic moves OP to compensate. But she herself was never as OP as Subaru.

Rindou is also a reference to another two SNK characters. The first is Kasumi's rival Li Xiangfei (SNK's answer to Chun Li), the second is SNK's eternal idol Athena Asamiya. Super Rindou's background is a bit meta. Li Xiangfei is a Chun Li analog and Chun Li's fighting technique also used to be an assassin style, so Rindou's continuing to fight American super heroes etc references Chun Li's progression, but monsters and aliens also reference Athena's non-fighting games Athena (where she fights monsters) and Psycho Soldier (where she fights aliens). Rindou's OP moves are also references to Athena's cheat-astic psychic moves in the SNK games.

Group Leader
To add to this, the author recently tweeted that Hokuto from Street Fighter EX was an inspiration for Subaru.
https://twitter.com/OYSTER_tenten/status/1133415225917562883

Why do I have a bad feeling that it's gonna end with all of them turning back into normal figurines? I really hope I'm wrong.

Dex-chan lover
Love. Love. Love.
Also... I hate foreshadowing like that... HAPPINESS PLEASE!

Dex-chan lover
I went to Bookwalker and bought all six Japanese raws (these four and the two sequel tanks). The story continues!

Denji said he might pick up the sequel around early/mid July!

I really enjoyed how the girls acclimated to the real world, so I hope the sequel will explore some slice of life bits.

Dex-chan lover
so this manga its end @_@
i hope we going to have a sequel its really good manga :(

My god that was so well done. Bravo... This has secured a second place on my list after Hero Union BBS.

Aggregator gang
Aw man. This is easily one of my favorites. As a figure collector myself, I have my own grail too.

as a fan, I don't think haruto would be happy with this ending... other than how it ended for him.

Ya'll getting sad that this is over like there ain't a link the the sequel right there.

Users who are viewing this thread