Votes: 4,192 65.3%
  • Ban Isekai

Votes: 2,230 34.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Double-page supporter
I kinda like this ad. It gives me a feeling of “this is our ad”.

Dex-chan lover
Oh shoot i hit the X button, if only i read this sooner.
I'm supporting the ads as long as its not intrusive and aggresive.

Thanks for your hard work, I was initially confused and pressed X to close it. Now that I've read it, I'm like shit, I'm going to actually open the page incognito and download it.

Love your transparency. Know that a lot of us want to support you all!

Dex-chan lover
I really wanted to support the site by downloading the app... but I clicked the ad, went to the play store and saw the permissions and holy shit was I concerned - I get the feeling that if I install this, Xinnie the Pooh will be sending the Xinjiang Happy Smile Fun Education Bus to come pick me up at some point in the future. I know the devs are from HK, but I think I'll not be installing potential CCP spyware today.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Hootanic Not sure what permissions you're talking about, considering it never even asked me for a single one
Maybe phone/storage looking at the possible permissions list, but having them both set to deny doesn't seem to affect anything
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/751069092743479307/791021542226133032/Screenshot_20201222-141702_Settings.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@Plykiya from the Play Store:

Immortal Taoists-Idle Game of Immortal Cultivation

Entrepreneur Game

Showing permissions for all versions of this app

This app has access to:

Phone
read phone status and identity

Photos/Media/Files
read the contents of your USB storage
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage

Storage
read the contents of your USB storage
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage

Wi-Fi connection information
view Wi-Fi connections

Device ID & call information
read phone status and identity

Other
close other apps
receive data from Internet
view network connections
change system display settings
change network connectivity
connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi
full network access
run at startup
control vibration
prevent device from sleeping
read Google service configuration

Maybe I'm used to playing stuff like "Pixel Dungeon" which have nearly none, so it could be perfectly normal, but seems like a lot.

Honestly, MangaDex is such a good site that I feel is really undestandable that you guys have a great increase in the influx of daily traffic. In my opinion, as long as the ads you guys display stay relevant and don't redirect me a million times if I click on one you can place how many different ads you need, nothing crazy though, maybe ads at a time visible. Also, many people I know hate the type of ads that are like *wait 5 seconds to close this ad* please I beg of you don't ever display shit like that. Thank you for maintaining this great site, happy holidays, lots of love for everybody reading!

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@Hootanic Phone/Media/Storage can be denied on install, and everything in Other seems fairly typical for how completely fucked Android's permissions system still is. I had a browse around to check other random F2P games and it doesn't look too dissimilar from most of the big ones. Pixel Dungeons is one hell of an outlier and I'm amazed it even works properly without half a dozen of the "Other" lines.

Double-page supporter
> but seems like a lot

Only "close other apps" looks questionable but everything else is absolutely normal for modern f2p games.

I'm fine with ads.
Besides I'm only freeloading reading the manga and stuffs.
I can only support by commenting or voting.
Such a shame, I want to be rich and donate to you If I was one.

Dex-chan lover
Permanently(?) temporary ads
(Per week? Per month? Every time there's sniping drama? Who knows!)

1.) Unobtrusive: Won't interfere with reading
2.) Non-malicious: Website/App promoted won't give you digital crabs
3.) Non-partisan: Ideological, political, religious, and other volatile substances not advertised
4.) Impersonal: Come on now, we don't need more nude pics of a certain any MD admin or anyone else floating around
5.) Unforced: No one in will be sent to re-education camps, made to praise the Great Leader, or put in a gulag, just for not clicking said ads

Dex-chan lover
we don't need more nude pics of a certain any MD admin or anyone else floating around
we definitely need more nude pics of a certain any MD admin

I'm 100% fine with ads like this that don't send network requests to third parties.
Maybe no politics though. My definition of politics, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread