Votes: 4,192 65.3%
  • Ban Isekai

Votes: 2,230 34.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fed-Kun's army
As long as it's not like those horrible april fool's ads then I'm ok with it, those ads during april fool's really did make mangadex look JUST like the other websites that click accept for every ad that will pay them.

Adds will also be ok. This is the only site which does not have any adds. But if seeing adds solve the problems then I'm ok with it

Why does the debate about Solo Leveling even exist at this point?
It has an official English translation, and ethically it should be dropped anyway. Period.

Saw the ad like box before my adblocker removed itand realized what y'all were trying to do. So I added an exception for mangadex.

I guess Solo Leveling goes imo. I like my isekai romance trash.
Don’t get me wrong, I like Solo Leveling too but it’s one title over an entire genre.

Also I understand the reason for ads and I’m fine with it as long as it helps this site.

all good on ads being perm before a chap loads... even maybe an ad par...

maybe even add some sort of image resampler for series like solo leveling and all those white space scroll webtoon where a. the OP image is saved on the backend and resampled to smaller file size and for say 5 days after release this image is used for all non logged in users and non M@D supports maybe even a way to clean all the waste white or black space reduce scrolling... yes i know this could be a bit tricky but could help in the long run... maybe even introduce rules on image sizes per page for series like that...

also im good with solo leveling being gone... just link to an outside source... rather than load it in md reader.

Group Leader
Lol wait, is the poll even serious? Because I feel like some people are taking it serious
or I'm not taking it serious enough DUN DUN

Also how exactly is MD getting the cash? If we click on the ad or do you only get that righteous ad bux if we actually download the app?

I really hope the mangadex Dev's earn enough to pay for the server through these ads. I really like mangadex and hope it doesn't go away.

Dex-chan lover
unknown.png

palp.jpg

Group Leader
@lordmage
same, I was like "Oh. IOS only?"
Suppose I could dig out the old Ipad that I normally use as an overpriced wall clock ever since I graduated. crApple bought out my college and forced me to buy it and then never use it lol.
The things I'd be willing to do for you MD

Contributor
It has an official English translation, and ethically it should be dropped anyway. Period.
Well if that's the case there are several dozen series that I know of that need to be removed because they have official English translations. We don't want to be unethical here on this pirate site now do we...

Once again, the poll is a joke and should not be taken seriously.

Aggregator gang
Thank you guys for the transparency in the ad selection process! I know personally it makes me feel like i can trust you all with this decision. All the best to MangaDex!!

Aggregator gang
I think banning Isekai is utterly stupid imo, Isekai is a genre and it doesn't make sense to ban a whole genre especially that this is the most famous genre in the recent years.

While I do respect the decision to ban Solo Leveling to relieve the server because I'm 100% sure that there are lotsa translation team that do their own translation too in other site, but I think that banning a whole genre shouldn't be done even once. The amount of hidden gems not being translated would raise more that it already have.

MD@Home
Wasn't aware that MangaDex@​Home is a thing. Work in a DC, I'll spin up a VM for it. What are the requirements? Linux?

Well, Solo Leveling does have an official English translation online.

So it wouldn't be odd to deny the English scanlation from MD.

But I reckon that putting a delay of a day on it's viewability would also have an effect. At least if the official translation releases sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread