Circle Zero's Otherworldly Hero Business - Ch. 24 - True Nature

At this point I'm hoping the protagonist forges his own contacts and leaves the retarded father's household. This motherfucker really is too dense to succeed, let his estate fall back into ruin while the MC builds himself an empire.

Fed-Kun's army
614VmsFwoNL._SX355_.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
@Ifrittuccia Alot of the nobles would probably look down upon rash decisions like these. He probably wants her to prove herself further before she can become successor. Probably through arcane means.

Dex-chan lover
It's called the "negative selection". This is what happens when the place of the head of the family is transferred by taking into account the outer appearance and not depending on the professionalism. Currently the daughter of concubine is looking better because of her magical gift or whatever. First daughter is looking like nothing even when she have a godlike economical skill.
And the current head of the family is absolutely shortsighted. He is bad at economy and foolish. No wonder he can't see what is better. It would be not a surprise for me if he even can't read and write.

Well, as I expected the MC was schooled on the politics of the world. That is somewhat stupid, since what we know of the politics came from the MC mouth :p

While MC did disclose her stepmother embezlement it's still a problem that she, as a successor, is talentless in magic power. Seeing how her father rise to Count being renown as someone with high magic power, I am pretty sure having high magic power is one of the key for a family to decide their successor.

Revealing that you're not Paril to Paril's killer, oh man. What a satisfying scene, the real Paril's death has not been in vain.

Dex-chan lover
Well, dear Count you just fucked up. You went full retard, I understand why but don't matter the reason you never go full retard dude...

Dex-chan lover
@2ndless
Do that an drive the count and his family to misery saving only the mother. Seens like something that is being asked of him here.

Fed-Kun's army
Hopefully the people mad at the count, have continued reading. His logic clearly makes sense.

Is there a literary term for this type of cliff hanger? Where the reader is annoyed by an assumed illogical response, only to be revealed to be logical later on?

Fed-Kun's army
Is it f’d up of me to think Paril should have the concubine and her eldest offspring killed? I mean seriously just waste them then they seriously won’t be a problem anymore.

Aggregator gang
Being too hasty in desiring the position of heir. No magic ability and shit.

He should also be training strength, reflexes, and combat ability for any future assassination attempts.

Even if he/she is phsically weaker in Paril's body, improving that body is still possible.

Users who are viewing this thread