Class de 2 Banme ni Kawaii Onna no Ko to Tomodachi ni Natta - Vol. 4 Ch. 22.2 - A Long-awaited Reunion

Dex-chan lover
I really should re-read the novel huh, I don't remember much of what happened after this

Dex-chan lover
How does mc know that woman?
It's obviously unrelated to his later musings about divorce, since nothing about that meeting implied any relationship with his dad. So mc recognizing her must have meant he recognized her from somewhere.

Also, I wish stories stopped this kind of "I would later regret that" "that's what I thought at the time" and such, unless the consequence comes directly after without any cliffhanger (like "I ate a chilli. I would later regret that. \n After coming out of a long session on the toilet [...]"). It can also be fine in a flashback ofc, but it makes no sense for their future self to suddenly become narrator otherwise.

Dex-chan lover
Feels very much Ominous but i don't see where the mangaka will ambush us from
Only thing i can see to make the whole thing burst open, is if Mc's Father was cheating with Fmc's mother somehow.

Dex-chan lover
If you don't want to tell your parent you've made friends, he probably doesn't feel like a parent anymore.

"Yuu, you're not a child anymore."
First off, yes she is, and second, she absolutely is.

On the other hand, mixing cola and white soda doesn't mean she's a child. Even if she also is.

Yeah that’s pretty ominous
Them be lazy foreshadowing words of implied doom. It's the author telling the readers things are going to get worse in the least subtle way possible, with information that shouldn't be known by the characters. It's also shifting from present tense to past tense, which is bad writing form.

Dex-chan lover
How does mc know that woman?
It's obviously unrelated to his later musings about divorce, since nothing about that meeting implied any relationship with his dad. So mc recognizing her must have meant he recognized her from somewhere.

Also, I wish stories stopped this kind of "I would later regret that" "that's what I thought at the time" and such, unless the consequence comes directly after without any cliffhanger (like "I ate a chilli. I would later regret that. \n After coming out of a long session on the toilet [...]"). It can also be fine in a flashback ofc, but it makes no sense for their future self to suddenly become narrator otherwise.
Her family name looks familiar, but I'm not sure that it's from this series. She might be somebody's mother, or related to the partner his father cheated with, but I'd have to go back to check and it'll probably be explained soon (next chapter, mayhaps?) anyway.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Her family name looks familiar, but I'm not sure that it's from this series. She might be somebody's mother, or related to the partner his father cheated with, but I'd have to go back to check and it'll probably be explained soon (next chapter, mayhaps?) anyway.
We don't know if his father cheated with anyone. All we know is that the father considers the divorce his own fault - likely (not rly) the mother wanted a lifestyle he couldn't afford, took out loans in his name until she couldn't any longer (which is why he works such long hours), and then when her lifestyle got impacted she left.

Users who are viewing this thread