Classroom of the Elite - Vol. 8 Ch. 33 - Room 33

Dex-chan lover
The fan colored parts look atrocious and completely ruin the original artwork

Dex-chan lover
¿... Is this English? It seems like five different people translated this chapter

Group Leader
just asking....but are you guys translating from spanish to english, I see some mistakes in your version.

Group Leader
Yes, I just confirmed....you guys are using the spanish version, for example 'cita' for 'appointment' instead of 'date'. Please try to refrain using the spanish version and there's another active group translating this manga, so all your work is pointless guys.

Double-page supporter
Dang it is it only annoying for me that this simp is fighting for Sakura’s email so hard? Like I don’t get it, I would understand if she was from other school or class and it would look weird if he tried to aproach her randomly, but she’s his classmate so it is normal to just talk or something, because they are seeing each other like probably 8 hours a day in school, SO WHY? I get that you would have little bit more confidence while chatting but still it’s weird and annoying, there’s no good reason to have an email of a person that we don’t even talk to. (Please don’t compare it to social media and inviting friends on facebook because it’s a big difference from knowing someone’s e-mail).

Dex-chan lover
@fortex Your translation is unreadable. It's garbage. Es basura. It's clear from this chapter that you have exactly zero people on your team who are native English speakers, so why for all that is holy are you trying to release English translations? Your English isn't even good enough to know that it isn't any good.

I'm sorry to say this, but I can't really read this even though I'm not a native english speaker. The sentences is a mess, all over the place

Dex-chan lover
Don't be too harsh guys. They tried. Just ignore them next time if it's too bad.

Edit: now I've read it, it's so bad lol

Power Uploader
Okay... I shouldn’t be too harsh... So, I’ll just say that I won’t be reading this version from next time... looks like it’s translated from Spanish so it is really hard to understand...

Date —-> Appointment

LMAO

Dex-chan lover
and so the dog piling begins
if theres 1 thing i just wanna say to you guys
don't rush please.. don't try to sacrifice quality to snipe others
at least at the very least shoot higher than just a wee bit below barely coherent

Dex-chan lover
@AthK is that even the case? Im a native Spanish speaker, and i had to make a REAL effort to read this translation, it was beyond abismal.

Lads, just search for someone who knows English to translate.

As a native Spanish speaker that also knows his fair amount of English (fluent level, I'd say, though cockily), it's really noticeable that this was a 1:1 literal translation of each word in spanish to english, and even someone with basic level of English would make something better. But for someone that just knows English, this is an absolute fuckfest that makes no sense.

Ignore the excessively offensive idiots, I bet your work in Spanish is great. But do look around for someone willing to translate to English if you want to keep doing this, it won't be hard work, a massive amount of people are able to speak both languages.

En español: gente, busquen a alguien que sepa inglés para traducirles. Posta que no se entiende un carajo, y es notorio que tradujeron literal palabra a palabra. No funciona así. Un montón de gente sabe inglés y español a la vez, y muchísimas de esas personas están interesadas en manga como para ayudarlos. Seriamente intenten buscar a alguien que los ayude, porque la gente va a preferir ignorar sus traducciones y esperar un poco más si siguen sacando cosas así.

Dex-chan lover
as a novel reader, some things are too funny considering what happened in the future

Users who are viewing this thread