Combating Misinformation: Official Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s locked, how will I be able to continue reading such great levels of mayhem and absurdity? I need ma fix. 😀

@Acolytus
For the record, I still think they should get banned. If they choose to leave this place then they should keep their own word, coming back just to cause more problems is an extremely shitty thing to do.
Nah, that'd be an incredibly stupid move. Right now they're trying to promote themselves as some champions of justice among scanalators or some dumb shit like that and banning them would just further feed into their delusions. Best course of action is to just keep calm, greet their bullshit with a smile and "good for you" attitude while removing any shit that they try to post that advertises their site. Basically just keep the door open for them if they want to return but tell them to fuck off if they just want to swing by to advertise their site. It's hard to paint Mangadex in a bad light if you take that stance.

Before this thread gets locked; I just wanna chime in and say that the recent drama is retarded. You should be translating for fun, not profit; and while I do understand that you need to make money somehow, ads and the like are ultimately detrimental to us the readers. The reason I use MD is to have all my series in one place as checking 20+ sites for the 50+ manga/manhwa that I read concurrently would be too time consuming. That being said I found it easy to click on the links provided if there was a delay for a series.

I think MD is handling the situation as good as can be expected.

Thank you for the list of removed mangas & thank you for the stating the reason why said groups left Mangadex. It's sad to see them go.
Having all of the mangas at one site - even just to keep track of them and still read at their own site when they're released made things considerably easier.
It still won't stop me from using Mangadex.

Contributor
Well, If food was served within 1 hour that's food still hot, 3 hours still tasty, 12 hours that's still edible, while past 1 day is not good for your stomach, while more than 2 days of course that food was rotten.
Same as DRAMA, while some people (including myself) gotten sick with all this farce and nonsense. I Hope mods lock this from escalacted any further

Just keep up the good work MD. In the end it's for the community and all around it. I'm used to be in anime fansubbing community as well, and of course drama like this happened a lot.

Now that I realized the fact in most cases I rarely encountered the word fanscanslation in the scanslation community.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Hi everyone. We let this thread run its course for around 13 hours. We thank everyone for posting their views and opinions.

It's time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread