Combating Misinformation: Official Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
@ Invader_Retro
I already said the snipe isn't what caused the issue, but the insults 🤔

The problem is that most people, me included, view insults as such a non issue that any group decision to leave, while justified, does not pardoned them from criticism or ridicule over how incredibly fragile they are. Of course, the real reason was they want more shekels, true or not, is considered the general consensus by majority doesn't help their case.

Not like I need someone to call me nigger every other post like over in 4chan, but it's your right to put your work on a public platform, and it's the consumer's right to have their opinion about the product, or the way you present the product be heard, even if some might be a bit more 'colorful'.

@ThiccEarth

Jackal got an apology for being setup through mod edits.

MangaDex, however, still sees no problems with directing hate to scanlation groups. As I pointed out previously by quoting Zeph (Today) not seeing any problem with directing anyone to the scanlator when they pull off MangaDex.

Which is a point that I've argued enough on, and am frankly bored with it. I'm not going to see eye to eye with people that think a neutral platform should direct users to another form a social media to harass them.

Imagine you deleted your YouTube account and then YouTube thought of the brilliant idea of linking anyone who goes to that page to your Twitter account so they can bug you with "Why did you delete your YouTube". In the mean time calling your decision to delete your account "irrational".

If you can't see the problem with that, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

That's what you got wrong.

Edit:

To put it bluntly. An actually neutral platform would neither care that a person left their platform, nor would they link users to the "complaint box".

Group Leader
@PSRTExperience again I agree some people just have "thinner skin" and people take advantage of that to provoke them.
Just saying it possibly could have been handled differently if mods don't want toxicity on their site 🤷‍♂️

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@lonefire
@AbuHajaar
As I warned earlier in the thread, low quality troll posts are not welcome in this thread and would be punished by a two day comment ban.

Thanks for this, I came here today and saw solo leveling chaps taken down, I just assumed there were licensing problems and didn’t think anything of itaand didn’t care, but then the comments was complaining about mangadex and I was so confused. Cause I like this site and don’t believe it would censor people without a good reason like kissmanga, and if the scanslators take down the chaps themselves then there’s no problem right?? That’s not mangadexs problem.
So this helps a lot.

Dex-chan lover
You need to define toxicity to fight it, otherwise you end up with baseless and unpredictable censorship.

Even something like "This manga is dumb as shit" can be considered a toxic comment if you are susceptible enough.

Dex-chan lover
Good response. Way better than the ones on Discord. Drama aside, some people have way too much free time. I wish I did too. 😩

Dex-chan lover
@Acolytus spoke words of reason here. Unless your definition of 'toxicity' is very well defined and agreed upon by overwhelming majority, you better prepare to put some tanks on the street if you want to deny your populace their voice. Even then it's an uphill battle to clear as well as maintain a completely 'toxic-free' environment which is another can of worms.

Group Leader
@Acolytus Like not having comment sections filled with people insulting each other diving into personal attacks.
Even something like "This manga is dumb as shit" can be considered a toxic comment if you are susceptible enough.
Ironically it's ignorable until a devoted fan sees it and heated arguments start, but that's something that happens in some comments.
These days no one pays attention to it as much as before xD

@Invader_Retro
Oh yeah, I remember Anjou getting sniped. Let's see, why is it that Hatigarm was sniped?
1. They had a physical copy of the raws
2. They had a large team
3. "Dude we need donations you have no idea how expensive these raws are"
4. They were slow as fuck with translations, doing a chapter a month if that
Meanwhile with Facepalm scans
1. Had a physical copy of the raws
2. Small team
3. "Nah, we don't need donations. This shit's dirt cheap even with 3 day delivery"
4. Translated the entire second half in about two weeks

Golly gee willickers I wonder what could have possibly resulted in them getting sniped. Instead of being whiny little bitches maybe Hatigarm should have taken a step back and thought about where they might have fucked up. Maybe they were spread too thin. Maybe one of their team members was too slow. Maybe they were just too slow in general. In the end though, the smart move would have been to learn from their mistakes, not scream and cry about people being mean to them and how they were taking their ball and going home.
By the way, with your example that whole "Release chapters regularly as soon as chapters are available in raw and their team can get to it" thing is bullshit. They had a physical copy of volume 3 which is the latest volume but only released a new chapter every one or two months. Facepalm finished the second half of it in about two weeks and now the English series is up to date in terms of volumes. That never would have happened if Hatigarm had continued to do scanalations for it.

Group Leader
@PSRTExperience
Even then it's an uphill battle to clear as well as maintain a completely 'toxic-free' environment which is another can of worms.
Talking on situations on where it could be avoidable, I know not everything can be contained with simple talking.
I'm not unreasonable :3

Miku best girl
Admin
I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone for their support.

This week has been very trying for all the staff.

Now that the truth is out there, we can all put this behind us and we can continue upgrading servers and developing the site, making it even better.

Group Leader
@Jacough Good points but couldn't they do that without insulting them 🤷‍♂️
I mean they have a large team true but they could be busy etc you never know.
There have been scans that even partner up with others to release to help them.
I have nothing to disagree with you on except conduct.
Just doing it peacefully would have benefited everyone more 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread