Combating Misinformation: Official Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pain in the ass to lose 30% of your list and not having records of what you were reading. For shit like this i refuse to go to scanlators sites.

Dex-chan lover
@Invader_Retro I pretty much agree with your stance on civility. Let people argue over their waifus or even talk politics. But it gets uncivil once it devolves into personal insults. If MD wants to moderate that I welcome it, but it's their call. and ATM they say the call is they do. So I hope that is/will be the case.

Thanks you your comments and service.

@Intervencion toxic is debatable (I personally see it as so), but I think few will disagree that that discord image comes off as entitled as all hell. Dude PMs a scanner as if the scanner owes the community crap for doing free work. That would annoy me too.

@Acolytus Perhaps, but at the same time this isn't exactly a high-paying job (or a paying job period). I'd put up with relatively tame stuff like that for minimum wage, but not when I do it for free. Opportunity cost of lazing around playing video games would be too high for me to bother.

Fed-Kun's army
@Invader_Retro
couldn't they do that without insulting them
Like I said before, the internet is full of assholes who'll insult you. Shrug it off or retort with a joke. An example in Hatigarm's case would have been to upload the next chapter with a credit page featuring kuckold the enchilada (Fuck I don't even know if that's a thing but it should be) saying "WERE SPEDUN UP NOW KOUHAI!".
As for your comment about some team members being too busy, you already answered that with your comment about partnering up with other groups or asking fans for help. See Hatsukoi Zombie where Dropout partnered up with _anq for several chapters.
@Intervencion
The reaons beyond it matter not (also to MD it doesn't matter if X is a snipe or not)
Actually yes, it does matter. If you're getting sniped because you're slow on translations or your scan qualities are shit then you need to learn from that. If you don't, you're just going to keep getting sniped .

Dex-chan lover
@Nekuroi Go to setting => Unavailable chapters:

@Dysisa Are you seriously suggesting that calling out a translation is bad should be moderated? What sort of authoritarian shithole have you been living under?

Dex-chan lover
after doing damage control i have like 5 mangas ill have to read elsewhere...
Bokutachi, kaguya, namaikizakari, assassin's pride and akatsuki no yona...
after thinking about this for a bit i still remember the drama for assassin's pride when a anon started doing more work on this project than the actual group, and out of nowhere anon announced the said group leader had told him they hadnt drop it and wanted to work on it and made anon drop their translations, only to give us like 4 chapters in a whole year... i wish i could have this anon to come back, he actually worked just fine and faster than a whole group that apparently end up leaving and deleting the few chapters they actually did... we need more good people like this good anon. IF by some miracle you end up reading this post of mine, could you please consider taking the project again?

Removing all of their chapters solves nothing when there's so many other worse manga sites that have already taken and re-uploaded them anyway.

Dex-chan lover
@gormadoc
Alright, thank you for correcting my mistake. I guess I have been reading too many Chinese novels....
My common sense has changed...

@Nekuroi
Check settings. There is this new option called “Unavailable Chapters”.
Thanks Crimson95

@PSRTExperience
Yeah I agree. But there are some people who believe everything others say in the world. There are people who are just too nice and end up trusting everyone, ultimately leading to their doom. (No, not assumption this time. This actually happened to a celebrity? do utaite count as celebrities? Well I do think they do deserve to count as celebrities.)

Dex-chan lover
But I follow a lot of JB's scanlation.
Hope they get sniped soon.

holy hot damn, this thread certainly went places. in any case i appreciate the statement from the staff - it did help clear up the last lingering questions i had.

@PSRTExperience
Thanks for letting me know that they have an "Unavailable chapters: Show(for Tracking Purposes)" under Setting- More Settings.

That will help a bit for knowing where i was on stuff i had put on hold that was removed.

Group Leader
Thank you for posting this wall of text, as it addresses pretty much everything in that drama thread. It was a wild ride reading up to 21 pages and seeing people still argue.

@ngkn92
Probably part of the reason they probably left, cause as soon as the 2 week delay was added, most of their popular series were sniped.

Certainly Kaguya and My Hero Academia were snipped.

Fed-Kun's army
@Ti0
I'm sorry to tell you, but it's really unlikely anybody in the US broke the law with "death threats" here. They'd have to be true threats, not just wishing somebody injured or dead. It also has to be a threat and not just empty words: 12-year olds on Xbox Live are safe.

Other countries with weaker freedom of speech would obviously be different.

Dex-chan lover
@Ti0 Calling names and assuming the opposition are children, great opening for people to take you seriously.

JUST FUCKING RESPECT THE TRANSLATORS AND CREATORS

I respect the translators for bring others enjoyment out of their own volition. However, taking a job entirely of their own volition and expecting asspat for it? Not to mention those who asking donation from others. Do you go to your boss and demand he respect your time and the work will be done when it's done? If you want to make money from something, treat it like one.

THEY ALSO HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE OF FAN-TRANSLATING. There are many translators who take hiatus (breaks). Do you know why? ITS BECAUE THEY WERE WORKING SO HARD ON THE TRANSLATIONS SO THEY GOT BEHIND ON REAL LIFE. SO NOW THEY HAVE TO CATCH UP ON REAL LIFE AND THEN THEY GET TIRED> OR THEY ARE STILL IN SCHOOL.

Then quit. Nobody, and I repeat nobody will care if someone quit other than lip service. Scanlation groups is as disposable to the readers as readers to them. People care about the series they're reading, not who did it. This is a hobby you took upon yourself and if it take too much of your life, quit. If this is a job, then what the fuck are you on about?

Well if you think it through and think rationally, if a creator or translator dies, they can’t post any more updates, right? If you think that someone else will pick it up, do you think they really will? Won’t they think that they will get death threats too? Exactly. Well you would be arrested for saying death threats anyways so it doesn't matter. Even if it is online, it is still against the law he FBI can actually track all your browsing history and what you did.

Death threat on the internet are stupid but taking them seriously is even more stupid. According to people on the internet they had had sex with my mom and my wife every night for the better part of the last 10 years but that didn't affect me any. Also there are more countries in the world than the US and the FBI doesn't mean shit anywhere else for that matter.

God if you're going to leave then leave quietly and peacefully, no need to make up or exaggerate some BS about why.

Dex-chan lover
Oh that's what all this was about?

Looks like a case of extreme pettiness on all fronts really, Mangadex inclusive but to a lesser degree.

Quite a shame; I did enjoy releases from some of the groups that pulled out. Now, with them all but disappearing from here, I can't even be tempted to visit their site for a non delayed release.

So what you're saying is that Elon Musk personally gave you a billion dollars?

I was sad when I was reading a manga then all of a sudden the chapters were gone. I really like mangadex because it is the best, I even discovered scanlation groups that I now frequent and I am fine with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread