Combating Misinformation: Official Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone talking about toxic comments. I've read plenty of lovely comment section with nice people enjoying and discussing the manga. They even help if you ask a question about something that happened a while ago and you may even find someone going to search for the answer. Not to mention all the ones I saw about people giving advice politely to the ones who scanlated for the first time.

And to all those who got offended about people telling you to release them without delay, know that there are people that get offended by you all saying that the users are toxic, as if all the users are toxic, that the whole website is full of toxic users, when there are so many that are not. Particularly if this is being used as an excuse for other reasons. Those groups stayed here after death threats and you are telling me that they go away now when the worse are supposedly continuous complaints? Coincidentally after MD failed to shut up those who started to publicize against donations to groups? Don't get me wrong I don't give a crap if they wanted to protect themselves and they tried to prevent their readers to read those things by pulling out all of their chapters, but please stop saying that the problem is MD's toxic users. It seems pretty ridiculous to me to say that in this situation.

Dex-chan lover
@Invader_Retro
The group in question was handed a manga that was fully caught up with the raws, and by the time another group stepped in, they were almost 10 chapters behind on a bi-weekly series. They clearly had no intention of doing anything with the project beyond using it to occasionally solicit money and have no right to be upset about people not being willing to wait for a series that was continuing to fall further and further behind.

Dex-chan lover
They get sniped plus insulted by a random anon, however since its a loophole MD does nothing about it but close off comments because they became toxic.

Why does getting sniped matter? No group is entitled to exclusive right to a series.

Why does getting insulted matter? You can call me a retarded cunt all you like and that's just like, your opinion which doesn't affect me or whatever I do in the slightest. Making a big fuss about it only make the aggressor more satisfied. Even MD close off comment is a step too far in my opinion as the mod are not your preschool teacher whom have responsibilities for your hurt feeling.

Of course, this is just my opinion and any group is entirely justified in their opinion that it's unacceptable and cause them to leave. Door's right there and no one in MD stopping them, the mods even help them clean up their previous upload.

Power Uploader
As someone in the actual screenshot, it is taken out of context. That screenshot is from a while ago back when JB had initially taken their stuff out of the site (which was a good while ago) and they wouldn't say the reason why, which is irrational. I remember because I tried to set up an RSS feed for their site (and Fallen Angel cause it was around the same time) and I was pissed off because it sucked and it wouldn't update properly.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe stop holing up in your "safe space" circlejerky Discords with your group members and a bunch of fanboys who tell you you can't do wrong and your egos won't grow to the point that people calling you out or complaining makes you throw massive tantrums.

Group Leader
@Dor1tos
The group in question was handed a manga that was fully caught up with the raws, and by the time another group stepped in, they were almost 10 chapters behind on a bi-weekly series. They clearly had no intention of doing anything with the project beyond using it to occasionally solicit money and have no right to be upset about people not being willing to wait for a series that was continuing to fall further and further behind.
Just checked they are like 3 chapters behind, so we are talking about a different group xD

Everyone talking about toxic comments. I've read plenty of lovely comment section with nice people enjoying and discussing the manga. They even help if you ask a question about something that happened a while ago and you may even find someone going to search for the answer. Not to mention all the ones I saw about people giving advice politely to the ones who scanlated for the first time.
@ShinobuOshino Yeah, the first time I read up on what this drama all about it's like the drama takes place anywhere else but not on MD since I never even saw anything remotely close to that kind of comments. Sure it exists even when I don't notice it but let's just say that's what I get from reading stuffs that usually lesser popular or coming from smaller groups. Didn't help as it turns out my reading list contains like only a few of pulled manga by said scanlation groups that decided to pull.

Dex-chan lover
To all the MD staff involved in this, I salute you. I've finally read JB's thread, this thread, other MD threads, all the Reddit threads, and the https://rentry.co/md-drama analysis, so I have a loose sense of what happened... Your efforts to accommodate notoriously finicky speedscan groups must have been stressful.

It's a shame to see these series disappear, especially a couple from Jaimini's Box which I followed. I'm bizarrely patient so I wouldn't have even minded a 1-month delay. I'll have to think about whether I want to try to continue them on some other platform. I truly miss the days of #lurk.

@Dor1tos Yep, JB miscalculated when they tried to rely on the power of their own reputation (...) and cropped Discord screencaps to lead an exodus from a beloved site like MD.

Dex-chan lover
@Invader_Retro
I suppose we are, though the fact that this is common enough for it to happen to multiple series in a relatively short span of time concerns me.

Group Leader
@PSRTExperience
Why does getting sniped matter? No group is entitled to exclusive right to a series.

Why does getting insulted matter? You can call me a retarded cunt all you like and that's just like, your opinion which doesn't affect me or whatever I do in the slightest. Making a big fuss about it only make the aggressor more satisfied. Even MD close off comment is a step too far in my opinion as the mod are not your preschool teacher whom have responsibilities for your hurt feeling.

Of course, this is just my opinion and any group is entirely justified in their opinion that it's unacceptable and cause them to leave. Door's right there and no one in MD stopping them, the mods even help them clean up their previous upload.
The mod legitimately states they don't want this place to get toxic in this feed, and you clearly see users commenting that they want to discuss chapters without drama.
The sniping wasn't the issue, the insults and comment section getting derailed were.

Double-page supporter
My opinion in all of this is going to probably be controversial but w/e...
I was once a reader of a aggregator website that is quite famous and i hated it... once ive learn from MD i didnt even think twice and moved here not only because of the freedom they give to scanlators over their translations, but also because its ad free .
If a group is pitiful enough to cause drama and leave from this place due to butthurt, i definitely wont search their website. I will rather turn my ad block on and search for a aggregator that wont kick me due to ad block being on, and read said series there.
Hate me all you want, you are free to feel and think whatever way it is, but i refuse to give viewership and profit to said butthurt groups period.
Also, it is quite rare for me to comment on these forums, but since im doing it i want to say i appreciate all the work the MD staff has everyday, and for having such a wonderful place for scanlation teams to work with (for free). You guys have been doing your best, even with the community being a little toxic sometimes... but its the internet... we cant escape from it or fix it, so people need to grow up.

Dex-chan lover
@Invader_Retro My bad. I missed the part about comment section getting derailed. I agree with MD's staff about closing off/wiping comments then. I still hold my stand that nobody should've gotten worked up over internet mean comments though.

@gonn92 No U. I'm like, the statue of David in flesh and blood.

Group Leader
@ShinobuOshino

And to all those who got offended about people telling you to release them without delay, know that there are people that get offended by you all saying that the users are toxic, as if all the users are toxic, that the whole website is full of toxic users, when there are so many that are not. Particularly if this is being used as an excuse for other reasons. Those groups stayed here after death threats and you are telling me that they go away now when the worse are supposedly continuous complaints? Coincidentally after MD failed to shut up those who started to publicize against donations to groups? Don't get me wrong I don't give a crap if they wanted to protect themselves and they tried to prevent their readers to read those things by pulling out all of their chapters, but please stop saying that the problem is MD's toxic users. It seems pretty ridiculous to me to say that in this situation.

There aren't a lot of toxic users but that's the point...
Get rid of anything that might start a fire, its why we are here in the first place discussing this xD

Greedy asshats asking to be protected from sniping so they don't lose any of their precious piracy money.
Attention whores with hilariously inflated egos that don't translate for any reason other than being in the spotlight.
Good riddance to both of those types of people. If a series gets sniped and people have no problem with it, that means you're replaceable. Get over it. If the quality is worse, you can still release your version and if it's in fact better people will appreciate it.
It's pathetic that people want to have an imaginary monopoly on pirated content at the end of the day. Know yourselves.

Contributor
@Kimzark
so people need to grow up
And why should we? It's better to use the toxicity of this community to show everyone that it needs to be purged no matter the cost.What other reasons could there be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread