Comment Like system :planned:

Power Uploader
Unless it's called something else(or I just completely missed it when ctrl+fing around the pages), there doesn't seem to be a suggestion for comment likes(well in this case stars). Below is an example of how it could look, I made this when talking to people on the discord(Hello!). Maybe change the color of the button once you've starred the comment. This would be like Batoto's comment likes. Or should I assume with the Forum's emote feature (like discords) that it'll also come to comments...?

JCTeVKq.png

is a Reindeer
VIP
https://mangadex.org/thread/17/forum-suggested-features-megathread

Suggestion #4: *Ways to upvote/downvote/appreciate a particular post
Suggestion #6: *Reaction-emojis like discord posts preferred to simple up/downdoot

(unless you mean nobody's suggested the actual design, yeah. no one hasn't. I'm a fan of the idea of a system that can't be abused to vote brigade, stars are pretty. Little concerned about the idea of multiple simple reaction emojis, the site might end up looking like Facebook)

Power Uploader
Yeah... I should of ctrl+f'ed for more then just "like"(which shows up 10 times in the megathread)

Though yes... this if for the design of the comment... also what is up with the simple emote reaction? Will it be something like facebooks?

When you hover over the like button(or in this case, the star icon) will it display like 5 general emotes or...?

Inactive(if you hover over the emote icons, it tells you how many others used that, like the heart shows 14 in a tooltip)
BKy6wbh.png

Hover over the like text
RgHnew5.png

Custom title
Staff
Developer
the site might end up looking like Facebook
That's a matter of implementation

A couple of examples from Kiwifarms:

vcE8AyQ.png

T4HmyiE.png

(the reactions are also low opacity unless you hover over the post)

Power Uploader
Well I was more giving an example of what facebook uses within it's small collection of available reactions. Not saying to go the facebook route :p

As for the emotes you have there... it reminds me of the old software facepunch used on their forums... Well I believe it's just the generic vBulletin forums emotes... I'd rather there not be more 20+ reactions to be able to use, might get a little spammy...

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Just a like or upvote or whatever isn't really particularly informative or interesting, I'd rather have either a fun system or none at all.

On Kiwifarms the description texts are removed when there's I think five or more different ones, and it's not like it would be impossible to set a limit to how many different ones there can be, like on Discord. Also, it's difficult to think of that system as "spammy" when each user only gets to add only one reaction anyway.

Power Uploader
I'm just imagining this for every comment :p
That's not so bad though, no worse than your average forum signature.
My only wish is that if we go with the upvote route then dont sort comments based on rating because it just makes everything too confusing to read, or at the very least make it optional.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Some form of this system is Planned. It's pretty low on the list at the moment.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
waterflame posted:

I'm just imagining this for every comment :p
Seems about as likely as that happening on Discord, so I'm not sure where you're getting this fear from

Users who are viewing this thread