Concerning the US Protests and Our Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
@Jasnah Police kill more whites than blacks.
Blacks (and latinos) are killed by blacks more than any other race. Protestors/rioters have gunned down several times more people the police have, including several black officers. Over 500 businesses in Minneapolis were looted and 60 were burned to the ground, more than a few them owned by blacks. Rape rates in the CHAZ have tripled.

Stop turning your eyes away from reality.

Dex-chan lover
If we can get past 50, that means there's over 1,000 comments.

It's a thread full of passionate people, so I wouldn't be surprised. No one said anything was ever simple. @Holo

Dex-chan lover
@Traze There are a lot more whites than blacks in the country.
Comparing civilians and cops is a complete false equation.

If you're gonna turn your eyes away from reality at least come up with arguments that aren't immediately full of holes.

All lives won't matter till black lives matter. It’s a plea for humanity.

Also, please support the Itch.io 5$ bundle. It’s a legitimate way to support the cause. ~24 hours remain. 6.9 million dollars have been raised so far.

P.S.: Please don't reply negatively to this post. There's no point replying negatively. If you feel that way, I'd like to request you to at first spend some time thinking what you are actually feeling and why you are feeling that way. I hope you realize what is humane, or of you fail to do so, at least come to terms with the fact that there are people out there fighting for civil rights and they have all the right to do so.

@Jasnah

It depends on the situation really. If said homeless person broke into my house and is stealing my shit, I want a cop. If said mentally ill person is threatening me with a gun or a knife, I want a cop. If said drug addict is drunk and high, running down the middle of the street naked in front of a bunch of kids, I want a cop. It doesn't take much brain power to see the situations you would need a cop over a social worker. If defunding the police impacts their response time and equipment they use to handle said crimes, why even bother with a police force. The crimes done and the criminal is long gone or worse, your dead. I'm not saying social workers don't have their place, but in a lot situations their use would be inappropriate. So, are you ok with arming those social workers to handle these dangerous situations?

Now as far as the confederate statues and stuff named for the confederacy, I could care less what happens to that. It's just democraps erasing their own history. Good riddance.

"There are participation trophies all of this country for those who participated in slavery." elaborate on this please.

Dex-chan lover
i don't know about BLM being plea for humanity. i mean, isn't the cause of all this chaos (not limited to america being chaotic itself) is everyone being asshole to each other? i doubt Black Lives being Matter will solve your assholeness. it's just you americans need to think that Black Lives Matter, don't bring the whole humanity up to it.

@a-rabid-velociraptor Itch.io is only one of the many cool ways to support. Perhaps this is what you're looking for - https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/#business If not, I hope you can still find other small business relief funds, if you really want to. Otherwise, you can support by expressing solidarity with the peaceful protesters, hopefully starting from some day in future if not from today right away.

@hazzack I am not an American. Me, my family and countless people I know are affected by similar issues. We can't help but believe in humanity and hope that our children and grandchildren will not face harassment or discrimination or prejudice in future, no matter where they go.

Let's stop any negative thoughts and express empathy for the oppressed people.

Also, I might not keep returning to this specific forum to reply to all responses because of some real world issues, but I wish all the best for everyone's journey towards becoming better humans.

Contributor
@TetsuwanAtom That link only leads to fundraising for the repair of black-owned businesses. Do you have one for all people who had their property damaged by rioting? Edit: Looks like others are for individual towns/cities that got hit. Hopefully they had insurance that covers civil unrest.
To be clear, I support peaceful protests. I also support rioting at government facilities when they refuse to listen when you've been peaceful. Burning that precinct down? Good job. Doing it to loot? Fuck off.

Dex-chan lover
@Fuckwit You ignored most of my post and claim I'm turning my eyes away from reality. Blacks are still killed by blacks more than whites despite the latter making up more of the US population.

And false equivalency? I'm not holding them to the same standards as cops and even if I was it changes nothing. These people are still murdering and burning down buildings, dismissing this because they aren't cops is a hell of a take.

Dex-chan lover
@Jasnah
Ive only been to Germany once, but Im pretty sure they don't have statues of Hitler hanging around.
No, they have statues of Marx, which is no different.
Police aren't equipped to battle homelessness or fix mental health issues. They don't know how to address drug addiction.
If a homeless, mentally-ill, or drug-addled person is violent and dangerous, then you need someone with a gun. If you have someone like Reynard Brooks, who was in the process of committing a criminal act before the police even got there, and who turned out to be clearly violent and to clearly intend harm, then yes, you want someone who can shoot him if necessary (which it turned out to be), because the goal is about ensuring everyone else's safety.
police are killing black people and not being held accountable for it
Usually when they're "not held accountable" it's because they did the right thing in killing them. And even when it is justified, their name often gets dragged through the mud and their life shattered, like the above case currently is, the Mike Brown case was a few years ago, and as a non-cop example of media-demonized self defence, Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman.

Dex-chan lover
@Fucktwit Non-blacks are actually shot disproportionately more than blacks, when we take into account the fact that African Americans disproportionately commit more violent crimes and robberies. An encounter with the police is generally initiated when a civilian breaks the law, hence why the percentage of police encounters for African Americans is higher than non-blacks.

https://www.encounterbooks.com/features/myth-systemic-police-racism/

This is the unfortunate reality that we must accept and aim to fix. Regrettably, the politically correct narrative that is consistently pushed in the mainstream media creates a social climate where people are hesitant to speak about any issues which may portray African Americans in a negative light. The people who create the narrative know this and use it to their own advantage. Instead of facing the issues in poor African American communities concerning crime, schooling, as well as the glorification of crime and violence commonly seen in African American culture, the established Left persistently incites discord by pushing idea that African Americans are not at all responsible any failures that exist in their communities or culture. If an entire demographic is told that they are void of responsibility and that they are held down by an oppressive society, it, understandably so, incites outrage and results in a lack of drive to attempt to escape from poor living conditions. Candidly put, the manner in which the Left victimizes blacks not only to gain their vote but also maintain the moral high ground is reprehensible and insincere.

Dex-chan lover
Out of curiosity @Plykiya which of the bail funds recommended in the OP of the thread will assist people wrongfully arrested for shooting BLM thugs in self-defense, such as the event caught on video yesterday in Albuquerque?
After all, surely anyone with the slightest trace of neutrality would agree that self-defense doesn't get any more clear cut than a man who, being chased down the street by an angry mob shouting "get that guy, he's a fucking cop, we're gonna fucking kill you", wrestled to the ground by several people, and hit over the head with a board of wood, draws his gun and shoots one of his attackers.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@anon763 Seems like to me he's the instigator
https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/h9z4mm/new_video_angle_showing_new_mexico_shooter_being/
https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1272771405004730368?s=20

Pretty sure assaulting other people till the point they fight back and then shooting them isn't self-defense. Who knows if he'll even get bail, that's for the judge to decide

Dex-chan lover
> A former city council candidate
> son of a former Bernalillo County Sheriff’s deputy
> multiple videos of him attacking exclusively women

What a pussy 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread