Creepy Cat

OMG this is so much better than I thought it would be, such a hidden gem. If you've seen kyuu-chan, it's that, but with a Tim Burton style setting and I love it.

Double-page supporter
There hasn't been a new chapter in Japanese in a while
I think it might be over...

@Sprocket I believe the author lives in Bangkok and I think it's not good there now the Twitter has no translation button and I don't watch the news, anxiety and all that :( might be the reason for no updates or it could be done. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Group Leader
@Sprocket Last raw page was posted on the 2nd so it wasn't even that long ago. Also on the 19th the twitter account retweeted that volume 3 has been completed and will be on sale November 12th, this makes me think that the page posted on the 2nd is where volume 3 ends and this long gap is due to the author taking a break between volumes.

Just looked back at their twitter and there was almost a month off between 89 and 90, and then at the end of most arch there is a 2 ish week break before starting back up.
My guess is that due to the length of this arch and that it caps off volume 3, they are taking a bit longer of a break to recharge.

There are a total of 322 pages so I have material for daily post until mid December and I am keeping an eye on their twitter and will share any news of delays or cancelations as soon as I see it.
But my personal thoughts are there is no way this is just over, maybe only one more volumes worth if we are unlucky but considering they are now printing books for a 3rd volume this series is doing well enough to keep going.

Sorry if this looks like a rant, I just want to share all the information I have related to it so you and others know what's going on with the series.

Double-page supporter
@Sarah653
That's actually really cool, I didn't know the author was Thai, cool to see the web-manga boom bringing in creators from outside of Japan!

@Darthskippy
Thanks for the info! Everything you've said definitely makes sense: we'll probably get new material after he's had some time to recharge, maybe draw a few chapters in advance. As long as I have your attention btw, I'm curious: do you have any idea why certain lines of dialogue are so impenetrable and hard to translate? I just found out the author is Thai, (see above) maybe that has something to do with it?

Group Leader
@Sprocket Honestly I think the translation is mostly due to have shit of a language English is. Another reason is that there are phrases and attachments to sentences that only make sense in context or culturally.

Like how well would the saying " To turn a phrase" translate. And I remember hearing a comedian talk about how there is no "-ish" in other languages, like "I'll be there soon-ish" and "The restaurant is close-ish to the pub."

Something I learned early was if I could figure out the context of the setting then I could translate it. Once I figure out what the characters are going for, then I take the direct translation and shift it around so it would sound like an English person saying it. After that I take my experience with the characters to adjust dialog further so it sounds like something they would personally say.

In the end I'm doing all this using machine translation and almost no clue on how to read the language so if I'm off a bit or get something wrong I just take it in stride and use it to make the next pages better.

Also if you or anyone else wants to ask me something just tag me in a comment or shot me a message, I always enjoy talking about the series and hearing back from the readers/fans.

All the Twitter is in Thai and the Instagram is a mixture of Thai and Japanese confuses me. So the author seems to know both those at least. I love this manga it's so unique.

Group Leader
@ktendrun Yep. When I do the pages I listen to music, and when I was finishing that page the Wind Rose cover came up in my playlist so I just had to include the note.

@Mathias Some of them have a violent and fearful reaction to it, but it's not just that, it's complicated. Mine gives 0 fucks about them.

Dex-chan lover
@Mathias
it has something to do with long bright colors thing like banana, etc

It's natural reflex to avoid snake

Extra special thanks and shoutout to the translators for not adding an extra page for their info/tn notes to a one page comic!

Users who are viewing this thread