Crimson flower inactive for 6 months

https://mangadex.org/group/986/crimson-flower

Group hasn’t had a release as of march 15th of this year, that would make it 6 months in exactly 4 days.

I see. I looked into this, you are correct. Last chapter was 3/15/19

https://www.mangaupdates.com/groups.html?id=2909

Up to Mods. I noticed the group had a no-upload policy, don't know if that is the issue.

VIP
The account for it's leaders still active today, i don't think it will removed anytime soon.

@kuma

That's the thing, the account description says the leader is retired.

It's definitely going to be up to mods, or they know something we don't.

@crazybars @kuma
it's rule 2.4 of mangadex.

While knowing the leader may toss out another single chapter and act like they're active for the next 6 months, I doubt they're going to actually do that again the next time this rolls around. It also royally pisses me off that they stopped translating kanojo ni naru hi at the bonus chapters, and this reminder that the group is inactive is my petty revenge without going to their website and getting banned by bothering the leader in that process.

Have any of you actually gone to the group's website? They decided to get out of the manga piracy racket and be law-abiding citizens because reasons. They're taking down the manga they had translated, and have always had a do not share policy as well as a policy of removing the chapters of any series they had/were translating if it got an English license. I don't know exactly why this thread started, but I'm afraid the group's work is lost in the ether except for anything that's ended up on scraping, for-profit sites. If MD truly means to respect scanlation groups' wishes, nothing Crimson Flowers ever put out can go up here. Sad, but it's the group's word that should be final.

Contributor
@Jumballi offtopic, but if you want to read it that much then maybe you could have also learned Japanese yourself in the time you spent waiting. that manga has furigana anyway so it could help with vocab learning/retention while reading it.

@anifd your point is neither off topic nor invalid. However the counter to the major point in your statement is that I am pirate. I’m not going to sugar coat the thing that I am, I refuse to buy and learn Japanese products because of reasons that you can pull off a wall in every instance this conversation has come up. I do pay for English releases, but my line in the sand is having to ship the product from another country to read it in a language that I don’t have the same understanding as my mother tongue.

@ejala @Probably_wont_log_in_again I have gone to the groups website, I’ve never posted their chapters when they were active and my only involvement at the moment is reminding the mods that the group is now inactive. I have all the chapters that they released directly saved to my computer, which I have no plans to share for the foreseeable future. And they were all downloaded directly off their website on the day the group released it.

Some of the releases this group made were some of the best and most influential manga I’ve read, and I want everyone on this site to have a chance to read it as well. I have not gone to the groups website and pestered the leader because that’s not my goal. I’m trying to let everyone have a chance at reading these manga, and if you’re an inactive group and you can go to any other site to read them, then I see no issue with it being on one more site.

Contributor
@Jumballi i see, well if it's a personal choice I can't force it. im no dictator but if I was then I would force everyone into megane sect :' as a last attempt to convert because there are lots of untranslated things I want to share (one persn is in the process of falling), lots of manga offer digital versions and the language for that manga is mostly simple, ok end of shameless plugging 😱

Only when I see feeling of entitlement like yours, ops, or that other idiot that made same thread about tagging twice, second time without consulting it with administration prior.

Funny that even with op shameless admission of their white trash sensibilities, this thread didnt warrant a warning or closing, but then again, moderating team that freely uses terms like 'hate speech' in their communication notes shouldnt exactly be expected to act rational or at least be consistent with their judgments.

Thats that I suppose.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
The site mods will reply in their own time. Patience.

Also @Probably_wont_log_in_again tone down the negativity. If you've got a bad attitude towards MD for whatever reason, don't take it out on other posters, especially in the the suggestion forum. It leads to particularly harsh punishments.

OP’s extremely petty about this. He even admitted it himself.
This warrants a thread? About his petty revenge to a group who has the freedom to do what they want, and are providing a free service for him, when it’s both their moral and legal prerogative to do whatever they want with their scanlated content, especially delete it if it’s been licensed?
All I see here is one big baby thumping his milk bottle online lol. Didn’t know I was on r/entitledpeople.

Dex-chan lover
@Mushymallows Just cause everything here is free doesn't mean that it can be a wild west. There are ethics and mannerism in the scanlation world and to think that such a thing does not exist just proves you're blind.

"It also royally pisses me off that they stopped translating kanojo ni naru hi at the bonus chapters, and this reminder that the group is inactive is my petty revenge without going to their website and getting banned by bothering the leader in that process."

This doesn't scream "pettiness", and a touch of immaturity? I think you need a pair of specs, urgently. I literally copy and pasted his comment.

Furthermore, last I checked most are quite appreciative of scanlators doing the thankless shit they do (given how on reddit most found nothing wrong with JB deciding to pull all their stuff out of MD, since it's their work). So if similarly this group wants to pull their stuff, and be well, a law-abiding internet user or for whatever personal reason, I don't think that there's anything wrong with that, unless you want to argue about the law or morality?

And what's with the metaphor about the "wild west"? Which aspect of my comment even hinted that scanlators have the ability to go around and harass the misguided OP by sending him idk, hate messages? I don't even know what kind of strawman argument you just put out. Do you honestly think everyone online has an inability to dissect an argument down, and can't see that your one-liner essentially just means nothing, since you've got no definitions or elaborations, and masked with some cryptic "proves you're blind"?

On a completely unrelated note, if I knew how to use internet forum-like settings properly I would tag you and OP, but I don't know how to.

Edit: So your "ethics and mannerisms" I would assume are the site rules? I just read through them. Couldn't find a single instance of any mention about how groups could not pull their content out. I did find under 2.1 that (if I'm interpreting it correctly) that if there's an official release, in essence that it's licensed, you're not allowed to post it. So it seems the group well, followed the "ethics and mannerisms" you love to quote?
Furthermore, you're not even following the "ethics and mannerisms" yourself. Under 5.1.5, no personal attacks without any substantiation. You just called me blind without any substantiation; I did it for you. Can I claim hurt?

Btw don't get me wrong, my beef isn't with OP's request to label the group as inactive. My beef is with his childish attitude, and your attempts to defend it.
Yes, I am a massive pain online.

>mod

I dont know how you derived that (erroneous) conclusion about what I am doing here (or why am I doing it) from what was given, but if not for anything else, I guess I should be thankful for adding a little to a (n unflattering) picture I was trying to paint.

Other than that, youre not going to goad me into arguing with you about introduced topic publicly, because lurking for two months before registration was enough for me to realize that youre rather sensitive individual with quite short temper and very casual attitude when it comes to rules, unless it benefits you.

So again, no but thanks no. Ive said what I wanted already and thats that.

Users who are viewing this thread