Crimson Karma - Ch. 1

Couldn't stop myself from laughing upon reading her name.
The author should have either made her European or just stuck to Korean 😅

Yeah, gonna have to drop this. This hits way too close to home when you've had family members like my mom and grandma who went through actual bombings and lived to tell the tale. Regardless of her goals, MC should be tried for being a war criminal.

Dex-chan lover
wait
what is this bullshit?
when have the U.S armed forces actually cared about civilian lives?
in butchering this you've already lost me

Double-page supporter
Also, they don't send 'assassins', they send a 'tactical team to neutralize a target'. Words matter.

Lol that "Ahmed Khalid" was the arabic equivalent of "John Smith" You know you could've at least chose a name that screams "ARAB" less but is still arabic

Lol yeah no, what military would send in their colonel just because she said so? Command chain is a real thing and it's very rigid. Also assassination is a highly specialized mission that would require special force(s).
Plus her background story doesn't make any sense. The military doesn't just enlist people without a background, let alone promoting them to Colonel.

Lmao came to this bc of the art but Lmao. Who would have thought I was going to read a webcomic that actually tried to dramatize US Military cruelty. Are they using this as an example of her "tragic and cruel past" that she justifies later? This could have been something I read easily, but why tie it in to current politics and war crimes? As someone from the US, this webcomic is grossly inappropriate and shows how out of touch some authors are to the tragedies of other countries.

Like maybe I'll pick this up another day and skip this intro, but like why use recent tragedies as a cheap background story? Like literally there are so many military trope-y worlds that could have been used instead but the author chose the cheapest and slimiest one :/

Dex-chan lover
ah yes, a watered-down and lighter version of youjo senki.

Seeing how other countries see the US is highkey hilarious. She must’ve REALLY thought this would never hit an US audience to blatantly not fact check with at least wikipedia

I understand that autor tried to show MC like a cold women and so on, but she actually gave order to bomb a location with a civilians. And then what the difference between her and the terrorists? How should I care about her?

so we’ve got an mc committing war crimes in the first chapter... not sure if i’m cool with this haha.
is this how other countries see the US military? kind of hilarious how inaccurate and dramatized this portrayal is.

Dex-chan lover
@Mihanya She openly works for a legit government, terrorists usually don't work directly for a government, though they are often funded by one or more governments. Outside of total war, regular militaries strike primarily against military and other armed targets, with possible civilian casualties on the side, whereas terrorists typically target civilians to begin with, with occasional military casualties on the side.

I very much doubt the purpose of this chapter was to make any reader like the MC.

Users who are viewing this thread